1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2014 Silverado w 5.3L

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Wilder Bill, Feb 6, 2014.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Wilder Bill

Wilder Bill New Member

My first post. I have a 14 Silverado with a 5.3L 8 and want to put true duals under it. Seems like all I can find are Catback systems with 2 into 1 into 2 and that's it. Does anyone know of an aftermarket dual exhaust that is available for this vehicle? If so, do I need to be concerned with O2 sensor problems (backpressure), etc.. Am I asking for trouble? Thanks in advance.
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Are you thinking about getting rid of the cats? I have not seen a "true dual" system for your truck. It would probably have to be custom built at an exhaust shop. You do need to worry about your O2 sensors being reinstalled. Without them you will have a check engine light, reduced fuel economy and if you have a factory remote start it will be disabled with the engine light on. You could run into major issues with a dealer doing warranty work on your truck if you eliminate the cats and bypass the O2 sensors. (not to mention that it is against federal law to remove your cats) At the very minimum I would want an X pipe or some sort of cross over pipe to balance pressure on both sides of the motor. Being that one pipe will basically be a straight run from your manifold to the rear and the other will have bends to go around things, they will not have equal flow. Personally, I would not do it, just buy a corsa cat back system. That would prevent any potential back pressure and O2 sensor issues.
  3. Wilder Bill

Wilder Bill New Member

I agree. It would probably have to be custom built at a shop. I don't want to get rid of the cat (I think it only has 1) because the system was designed for it and it is illegal. Nope, just want some kind of sound from the V8. The way it is I can here the Air Pump and Belt System over the exhaust. Too quiet IMO. Don't want something obnoxious, just a nice throaty rumble I can hear. I'll check into the Corsa cat back setups you mentioned. They sound much more practical.

Thanks for the advice. BTW, nice 95 Rado. I like it. Tires n lift are probably going to be my next additions this summer after an exhaust system.
  4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

just search youtube for silverado with corsa exhaust, they make 2 systems, a touring and a sport system. In my opinion they sound awesome and you don't get that annoying drone on the freeway, so you can actually speak to the person next to you.
  5. Wilder Bill

Wilder Bill New Member

I think I found exactly what I'm looking for:

http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/?page_id=12671

Not a Corsa system but a little more along the lines of what I want. Still 2 into 1 into 2 but I shouldn't get so hung up on that fact.

Ahhh, the old days. headers and turbo mufflers. Sure made things easier. I'm not complaining though. These new vehicles are better in many ways IMO than the older vehicles. Understand, I'm not taking anything away from the older vehicles that I came up with (60's and early 70's). They definitely had a lot of plus side to them. Just trying to embrace the new technology and adapt it as best I can.

Who remembers points? lol
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  6. Wilder Bill

Wilder Bill New Member

Thanks for the ideas though. I think I've figured out how I'm going to do this. I appreciate it.