1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2015 Chevy Colorado Interior and Engine Photos

Discussion in 'Chevy Colorado Forum (GMC Canyon)' started by ChevyFan, Nov 20, 2013.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

2015 Chevy Colorado Interior and Engine Photos
    Take a look at these great photos of the new 2015 Chevy Colorado pickup truck. Please note the new turbo-diesel engine option.

Chevrolet Colorado 2.5L Four-Cylinder Engine
    2015-Chevrolet-Colorado-4Cylinder-030.jpg

Chevrolet Colorado 3.6L V6 Engine
    2015-Chevrolet-Colorado-6Cylinder-031.jpg

Chevrolet Colorado Turbo Diesel Engine
    2015-Chevrolet-Colorado-TurboDiesel-029.jpg

2015-Chevrolet-Colorado-025.jpg

2015-Chevrolet-Colorado-026.jpg

2015-Chevrolet-Colorado-027.jpg

2015-Chevrolet-Colorado-028.jpg
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Why in the world are they offing a 2.8L turbo diesel in this and not a suburban?? I don't know the last time I saw a truck with a center counsel shifter. (other than a manual trans)
  3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Looks very nice Got any outside shots??
  4. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts

The 2.8L Dmax puts out about the same amount of power as the old 6.5L Detroit....
  5. songkrai

songkrai New Member

Where is the column shift version?
  6. Pikey

I don't see one here. Every truck I have ever owned was column shift
  7. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member

My wife's old 98 gmc jimmy was console shift. I hated it. It was ugly and just didn't feel "right" for lack of better way to put it. Looks just like the one in the photo above... I also see they no longer offer the 3.5 L5. I liked that engine. Anyone here know why they no longer offer it?
  8. stchman

stchman New Member 1000 Posts

Simple, the Holden Colorado and Isuzu D-Max (which this new Colorado is somewhat based off of) has an optional turbo diesel engine, GM didn't have to make an all new diesel for this truck. They simply recycled the diesel used in the other models and I'm certain that they had to improve its emissions.

I would imagine that the console shifter is supposed to give the new Colorado a more sporty feel. I personally prefer a column shifter as it frees up more space in the console area. I would bet that the LS and LT version of the Colorado have a bench seat with column shifter.
  9. Pikey

I agree with you about the sporty feel. I also agree that in that I prefer the column shifter because it frees up space. Heck, when I bought my yukon xl if I could have found one with a front bench with the fold up console like my silverado had I would have bought it. That is one more passenger seat. I would love to be able to seat 9!
  10. stchman

stchman New Member 1000 Posts

The Suburban has an additional lower trim level LS that up until I believe 2009 had a front bench seat like the Silverado LS and LT.

Now the LS, LT and LTZ all feature bucket seats.