1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2015 GM Full-Size SUV Photos & Video. Tahoe / Yukon & Suburban / Yukon XL

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by ChevyFan, Sep 12, 2013.

1. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I answered in the blog thread before I saw this.
    We were just having a conversation at coffee this morning about getting the cargo area coming back. Yea!

If I save my pop cans up, I might have enough by the time they come out. Any word on the 2500? We're gonna need a new chief / medical truck at the station

I'm with Pikey, too. Maybe the Silvy front end will bolt on at the firewall...
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I did hear a TON about the HD trucks, but I can't talk about that for about two weeks. Sorry. :-?

Glad to hear that you like the cargo area. I actually think it's such a smart move ... these are just so awesome compared to the current generation's third row that it's night and day how much better they are.
  3. lonelywolf858

lonelywolf858 Rockstar 100 Posts

They are both terrible looking. The Tahoe/Suburban looks like a Nissan NV and the Yukon/XL looks like an Infiniti QX80. GM really needs to work on some original design ideas. I'll hold out for the HD trucks.
  4. Family Force 6

Family Force 6 Rockstar 100 Posts

That's EXACTLY what I thought when I saw it. I happen to really like the Flex, so the styling sits well with me.

I like the Denali interior, looks very classy but the color scheme on the Suburban is ... interesting.

Thanks for the pics, fun to look at.
  5. Larry523

Larry523 New Member

The interiors look good. The features and specs look good. The fold flat seats are a great improvement. The overall styling, however, leaves me cold. I'd have liked the Suburban much better if they'd carried over the Silverado front clip. The 2014 Silverado looks great! The new Burbs, Hoes and Yukons look to squared off and boxy to me. Too many sharp edges. I'll probably be barbequed on a spit for saying this, but my favorite versions for these trucks were the 2000-2006 years. I liked the rounded edges on all the body panels. If I buy one of these, it will be because the features and specs, not the new styling. Meanwhile, my trusty old '99 Suburban is still going strong!
  6. Psyc0

Psyc0 Rockstar 100 Posts

Too much change perhaps, exterior appearing very Ford'ish. :gasp:
    GM interiors could use a little FoMoCo comfort touch, though GM drivetrains are superior, IMHO.

By the by: Did GM return to the Torsion bar front suspension for 2015, or stay with the coil over shock?
    I absolutely prefer torsion bars, because they are bullet proof and adjustable.
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
  7. Only1Moore

Only1Moore New Member

Well, I saw the videos and photos, and I like what they did. Either way, GM will sell them like hotcakes.
  8. WorthFlorida

WorthFlorida Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Last week at the dealership while having the oil changed, there was a fully loaded 2015 Suburban on the showroom floor. It was absolutely beautiful. I love the dash compared to the 2012 Silverado and the rest of the interior was impressive.

Only only complaint along the entire Chevrolet line is the 2x4 across the front grill. Chevy needs to come up with a new look. Almost all front ends across the the entire passenger car line look the same. From the front end only, it is sometimes hard to tell the difference between the models. As for the entire truck line if you look at a 1995 and 2014, not much difference. A styling queue is good to have but after twenty years it is time to for change. In 1993 the Honda Accord was the top selling car and today's Accord looks nothing like it, Now look at the old chevy's and the new ones, that board is still across the front grill.