1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2015 GMC Yukon XL Denali Walkaround Video ~ Check it out

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by ChevyFan, Sep 12, 2013.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I got invited by GM to be part of a small group in Dallas who got to see the entire lineup of GM Full-Size SUVs today. People in New York got to see the Chevrolet lineup, people in Los Angeles got to see the GMC lineup. However, since trucks and SUVs are such a big part of Texas ... we got to see all of them.

Here's a quick walkaround of the new 2015 GMC Yukon XL Denali. More descriptions, photos and video to come later.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
  2. Pikey

Pikey Active Member Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Wow! Thanks Steve. That walk around and a quick view of some of the options really gave perspective of the new interior. Those power folding seats move pretty fast. I also like the dual DVD players and cup holders integrated into the rear door trim. What were the lower buttons for on the drivers door? (down near the pocket, on top of the speaker)
  3. ChevyFan

The lower buttons were I think had something to do with the seat position memory settings ... I think there's like a 1 and a 2, etc.
  4. McClintoc

McClintoc Active Member Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Wow, the new Denali looks really good, imo. Those power folding rear seats are awesome!
  5. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Ok so the interior made up for some of what I didnt like on the exterior.
    I like the power folding rear seats, for me it wouldnt be a problem, but I do see issues with those that have little kids. Is there a lockout on the buttons or anything like that?
    Also any power outlets in the rear or mid part of the vehicle?
    12v and 110 at the back and in both rear seat areas would be a great addition.
    how high is the rear seat when sot stowed? The key is to be at a point that third row seat back is low enough to not block drivers rear sight in the mirror but the riders have downward leg room and arent low riding in the seat.
  6. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I think I saw 110 outlets in the 2nd row in pictures of the truck, Chevy states there's 12 charging locations throughout the vehicle. GM is fairly good about making lock outs for buttons in their vehicles. My Tahoe has a window lock out button and rear door lock out buttons so they only can be opened from the outside.
  7. ChevyFan

Those are good questions, and I agree that you would need a lockout button for those rear seats ... ESPECIALLY because they move so fast. Not like the Ford's fold-flat seats that take about 30 seconds to change position, these seats were FAST, we could hardly believe it.

As for the power ports, I asked that question and I think you're going to find more in the GMC (and USB 2.0 ports as well) than in the Chevrolet vehicles, but either way they responded knowing very well that people need power ports in the modern world and they're more than happy to build them in.
  8. McClintoc

McClintoc Active Member Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

My sister's 2013 Escape has a 110v outlet in the second row. I should hope any full-size SUV from GM has at least one.

After watching the video again, I am glad the interior (dash especially) isn't quite as toy-ish looking as the 2014 Silverado. The back-lighting behind the AC/stereo controls is pretty sweet, too.

One thing I do not like about the extrior is the rear door windows. The whole window should roll down like they always have. That thin pane of glass along the c-pillar is straight from the Expedition...
  9. nvestysly

nvestysly New Member

I've been watching this thread (and others) to learn about the 2015 Suburbans and Yukon XLs. I guess it's pretty much a given that the 3/4 ton will not be produced. I'm holding out hope but at this point all that's likely is a 1/2 ton HD or something. I'm also still lamenting the demise of the big block engines - that made a great tow package in my opinion.

Then I noticed the Denali has an optional 6.2L engine with gobs of horsepower and torque. Is the engine limited to Denali or will Chevrolet offer the same at some point? The 6.2L may be the ticket if it's offered with a tow package that includes oil and transmission coolers as well as beefier springs and a heavy duty (i.e. Class IV or Class V) hitch.