2015 Traverse - A/C Failed, Died & Went out. Electrical Problems, Backup Camera Lines and more

Discussion in 'Chevy Traverse Forum (GMC Acadia, Buick Enclave)' started by ChevyFan, Dec 5, 2016.

1. silverado002

silverado002 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I hope you have good luck.

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Why do they call it a rider?

If my passengers are riders, and one of them is a right handed writer of construction topics who's so cranky that you might say he's writhing.

Would it be possible to get a rider for a writhing righty writer rider writing an article on riser wiring?

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
    RayVoy and thegawd like this.
  3. thegawd

thegawd Rockstar 2 Years 1000 Posts

:) I think so?

4. silverado002

silverado002 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I think you may have to pay an extra extra fee for that. :rolleyes: :D

RayVoy likes this.
  5. ChevyFan

So the A/C went out again.

They replaced the A/C evaporator coil last year and that's failed again. Or so they say.

Now they're saying that the blower motor has failed and it's $250 to get it replaced and installed. I'm like ... I TOLD YOU THAT IT WASN'T BLOWING WHEN IT WAS UNDER WARRANTY ... and I just pulled my records, I had it in to one dealership FOUR times last year and then again once this year for A/C issues!

Really ticks me off that they're telling me that it's not a covered issue. Really ticks me off.

6. ChevyFan

Wish I could add an excel spreadsheet here ... lol.

Date Ticket Closed Out At Dealer
    Vehicle Miles When Dropped Off
    Dealer Name
    Dealer Location
    Advisor Name
    Complaint
    Resolution

June 28, 2016
    Friendly Chevrolet
    Dallas, TX
    Nick
    Multiple A/C Issues
    Electrical Issues
    Other stuff

Resolution:
    Evap coil was leaking and replaced under factory warranty. #20827668
    http://www.gmpartsclub.com/chevrole...heater-and-ac-scat/?part_name=evaporator-core

September 25, 2016
    Friendly Chevrolet
    Dallas, TX
    Nick
    Multiple A/C Issues
    Other stuff
    They didn't check a lot of the issues I had reported. (see op of this thread, this guy Nick really doesn't follow through)

Resolution:
    Blower motor control module went out. Was reading "no output" #22958112
    http://www.gmpartsclub.com/chevrole...-motor-and-fan-scat/?part_name=control-module

September 29, 2016
    Friendly Chevrolet
    Dallas, TX
    Nick
    Remote start not working
    Many electrical issues
    Battery not holding a charge

Resolution:
    Never looked at A/C, but replaced the battery.

November 9, 2016
    Friendly Chevrolet
    Dallas, TX
    Nick
    Many electrical issues
    Body electrical issues
    Trim electrical issues
    Backup camera has significant horizontal electrical feedback lines.
    Fan is not blowing hard

December 5, 2016
    ** Got ticked off enough with the poor service at Friendly and came here to post this topic that you are reading right now **
    Vehicle was still in full bumper-to-bumper warranty when I posted this list, it's not been edited.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/threads/serious-electrical-issues-in-2015-traverse.1101946

December 23, 2016 (recorded on December 8)
    ** Wanted to document that this vehicle has SERIOUS electrical issues and uploaded a video to YouTube to prove the date and mileage on it **
    Uploaded video (recorded on December 8, 2016) outlining electrical issues and a/c issues

December 8, 2016
    Vandergriff Chevrolet
    Arlington, TX
    Tiffany
    A/C issues reported
    Backup camera has horizontal lines from electrical interference.

January 11, 2016
    Classic Chevrolet
    Grapevine, TX
    Tim
    Looked at backup camera.
    * Says that significant horizontal electrical interference is normal. I disagree.

May 17, 2016
    42,xxx
    Friendly Chevrolet
    Dallas, TX
    John
    Entire passenger and rear A/C has failed, blowing hot.
    Fan pressure is weak.

Result: John told me that they WOULD cover the A/C condenser that was replaced last year (like 10,000 miles ago!!!!) because it's got a 12-month warranty. However, they WILL NOT cover the blower motor though ... even though I had reported to them and left it with them THREE TIMES when it was under warranty. One of the SPECIFIC complaints that I had was that not only was the air blowing hot (A/C not working) but that it was also blowing weak.

I'll update this shortly with the results from what was replaced at each visit.

Evap coil will be replaced. #20827668.
    Blower motor (for rear?) is out #23361388 http://www.gmpartsclub.com/oe-gm/23361388

7. Beachbourbon

Beachbourbon Active Member 100 Posts

@ChevyFan you can add a spreadsheet....save it as a picture and upload it.

8. ChevyFan

That's uploading a photo.

9. ChevyFan

So even though I had taken the vehicle into the dealership FOUR TIMES for A/C issues, including specifically mentioning that the air was not blowing hard ... and one time the blower motor control module had to be replaced .... they're not going to cover the rear blower.

What makes the wonder what's going on ... why did the SAME PART fail twice in a 24-month old vehicle? Also why did a blower motor control module get replaced under warranty but the blower motor goes out 9 months later and it's not covered?

10. Beachbourbon

Beachbourbon Active Member 100 Posts

It can be so hard to get a good blow sometimes ;)