Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

20x10 backspacing

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by snake_bite, Jun 18, 2010.

1. snake_bite

snake_bite New Member

i was looking at getting some 20x10s with 305-55-20 for my truck (05 1500 4x4 w leveling kit). i was wondering what backspacing should i get and if they will even fit or will i have to do some trimming. any info will help!

2. DSpivey

DSpivey Rockstar 100 Posts

hey man.......im running a leveling kit with some 20x10's & some 33" mud grapplers. I still to this day do not completelyunderstand offset or backspacing, but i do know my wheels have a -26 offset......that makes them stick outside the fender well a little father. I also had to do some trimming when I went with the 10" wide rim.

3. snake_bite

snake_bite New Member

OK thanks man. That’ll help a lot. Now the trimming, was it anything extensive or just a little trim the bumper etc.

4. DSpivey

DSpivey Rockstar 100 Posts

From what I've heard it cn be different depending on the truck, but all I had to do was trim the valence on the bottom of the bumper * there was a small piece of inner plastic i beat back with a hammer. Other than that everything is good.

5. snake_bite

snake_bite New Member

sounds easy enough. thanks alot for the info!