$23720 for Equinox 2015, will it have more discounts in the future?

Discussion in 'Chevy Equinox Forum (GMC Terrain)' started by allboth, Apr 30, 2015.

1. allboth

allboth New Member

I am in NY and interested in 2015 Equinox AWD LS. After negotiating, a local dealer give $3400 off MSRP for this model. I check others' shared price in autopriceshare and it seems like a fair price.
    Some news says the new Equinox is coming and I just think whether it will have more discounts when 2016 model comes? Should I wait a couple months more? Thanks!

2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I have found that waiting between Christmas and New Year's Day is the best time to get a huge discount. I know a few sales guys at dealerships and they have told me that at the start of the year GM increases the interest rate that they charge the dealers for previous model year vehicles that are still on the lot. The rate goes to something like 21%.
    So let's say that your dealer has a 2015 Equinox on the lot on December 31,2015. The next day the dealer starts loosing money on that car,
    So they give deep discounts to get them out. My brother scored a 2006 suburban fully loaded on New Year's Eve 2006 for $38,000! He sold it two months later for $42000. Every new car we have bought in the last 10 years was purchased during the time I specified and we got some big discounts beyond the employee discount I recieve. I don't know that what my sales friends tell me is true, but it sure seems that way

3. the phantom

the phantom Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Yeah thats kind of how I got mine. I think considered a leftover since I bought my 2011 in Feb. 2012 so it saved me alot.

4. allboth

allboth New Member

got it yesterday. no more discounts

5. squatchy

squatchy Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

That was a really low price to begin with. My buddy bought a 13 a couple months ago for more than that.

6. hamby9212

hamby9212 Member

that's about the best you can do on an Equinox. seems like a pretty good deal, considering a Trax could cost you that with similar equipment.