1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

240,000 mile Suburban and not sure what to do next

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by blackbenz300e, Nov 28, 2010.

1. blackbenz300e

blackbenz300e New Member

My Suburban just hit 240,000 miles and im kind of at a crossroads as to what to get her next. i was thinking of LED's but not sure what else. Any suggestions?

Attached Files:

2. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL New Member 1000 Posts

how about some nice fog lights and a Back up camera with TV !!!!!!!
  3. 2COR517

2COR517 New Member 1000 Posts

Looks like you could use a new front bumper. Have you upgraded the spider to true MPFI?
  4. blackbenz300e

blackbenz300e New Member

I guess your right my front bumper is lookin a bit "used" and what did you mean by the (spider)? The backup camera would help a lot seeing as the window tint is so dark i'm almost relying on comlete faith that i dont hit anything when i back up.
  5. ThatSilverStepside

ThatSilverStepside New Member

hes talking about your fuel injection...the spider is the fuel rail..MPFI is multi port fuel injection...but overall nice clean truck
  6. blackbenz300e

blackbenz300e New Member

Oh, gotcha about the "spider", will that make a noticeable difference and how expensive is that to do?
  7. ThatSilverStepside

its pretty pricey...usually over 1,000 new..you will notice a difference
  8. 2COR517

2COR517 New Member 1000 Posts

The new spider made tremendous improvements. Lucy (the Tahoe) was not running great. She was quite moody powerwise. Some days she went like the wind, other days a little slower. The idle was rough, but the biggest problem was the cutting out. It started out worst as she warmed up. Be cruising along and she felt like she lost all fuel pressure for a half second. Was getting a random misfire code, so I replaced the ignition coil. No improvement. Kept driving it. Changed the fuel filter hoping it was full of rust, water, and garbage. Nope, clean as a whistle. Towards the end, it would hitch on the highway at steady speeds, and one time felt like it was skipping pulling out onto the road. A friend of mine said it was sounding more like a spider all the time. I was expecting to lose one or two cylinders as it died. Anyhow, I went ahead and replaced the spider. It idles MUCH smoother. Around town driving, low speed acceleration is much smoother too. Never realized how rough it was. No major seat of the pants hi RPM improvement to report, but it was always decent.

I can't report MPG change, never tracked it before. The expectation is probably a slight drop. The Vortecs were tuned to run lean from the factory. One of the reasons these engines last so long. The slightly richer mixture is part of the smoothness.

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

Wow, that's high. Maybe at a GM garage?

The part should cost you about $400 at AutoZone. GP-Sorenson with Delphi injectors. Took me maybe three hours. And I wasn't hurrying by any means.
  9. ntbush83

ntbush83 New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

All I have to say is that you have one clean burb! I would never guess it has 240,000 on it! I'm kinda leaning towards bigger lift :)
  10. ThatSilverStepside

That was just previous prices when I was looking at summit