1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2500 HD leaf springs on 2004 1500

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by hutch_pt, Jun 3, 2008.

1. hutch_pt

hutch_pt Rockstar 100 Posts

I have found 2500 leaf springs for sale here locally, and want to know if I can install them on the 2004 1500 extended cab? I am just looking to beef up the rear end for towing, etc., as I just had the 6 inch lift installed (4 inch block in the back).

What I need to know is 1. I have been told that it will likely lift the rear end a inch to an inch and a half, is this correct? and 2. Are the Ubolts the same for the HD as they are for the 1500? (can I use my stock ones, or will I have to find others?)

Thanks guys. I appreciate the help
  2. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

i dont know if those will give you more lift i have not heard that rumor but it would not surprise me if it does. however, the HD springs are probably a little wider and you will need new U-bolts