1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

2500 Springs and Bars on a 1500

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by browenb, Dec 9, 2008.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. browenb

browenb Member

Has anyone tried this?

Mainly, I want the stance, but I'd also like to have the ability for the extra load capacity.

Also, are there any diffrences between the 2500 and the 2500 HD Springs and Bars?

Last edited: Dec 9, 2008
  2. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

It seems like one of our Silverado members here has 2500HD torsion bars on their 1500.

3. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

it may work, but it could really hurt the ride if you are gonna put it on the Z71 it may have that air ride and would check into that as to how they set that, having the heavy springs and bars could really confuse the computer

4. hutch_pt

hutch_pt Rockstar 100 Posts

I have the 2500HD springs under the back of my 1500 4WD. It actually raised the rear end about 1.5-2 inches, and did increase my load capability (pulling a car hauler, with no noticeable squatting). The ride didn't really change, but I didnt have the air ride, nor did I do the front torsion bars. My truck also has been lifted 6", so the ride was a little rougher than stock to begin with...

The rear springs were pretty easy, but we have a lift at my dad's, so that made the job easier.

Anyways, The hardest part for me was finding the springs. The rest was relatively easy.

5. browenb

browenb Member

I'm really not worried about ride quality, as the ride now is pretty weak, and could stand being stiffened up.

I need to know if there is a diffrence in torsion bars, other then the index keys. If the bars are the same through the different trucks, then all I should need is the keys from an HD and I'd be set.

Can anyone confirm if my last statement holds truethfull?:great:

Also, there is no Air Ride on my Truck.

6. FieroAddiction

FieroAddiction New Member

torsion bars

I was just reading a post on a different site about torsion bars. Check it out.
    My '03 2500 LD ext cab Z85 has the "K" bars. Another thread on that site indicated that the dealer lists the bars by torque rating. In any case you can look at the ones you have and bump them up a step or two if you want a heavier spring.
    The 1500 keys are indexed differently than the 2500/3500 keys. Some guys are using 1500 keys on the heavy trucks to raise them, which indicates that if you put the 2500 keys on a 1500 it would lower the truck. This info pertains to the '03-06 style trucks, not sure how it relates to the older ones.

7. FieroAddiction

FieroAddiction New Member

more info

More detailed info about the different bars and keys for the front here.