Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

265/70R17 or 285/70R17 Nitto TG's for 08 silv

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by BRAINTUMORBOB, Jul 5, 2010.

1. BRAINTUMORBOB

BRAINTUMORBOB New Member

Alright ive spend about 3 hrs look for a post on this but it has come down to me asking i guess im stuck between two sizes of the nitto terra grapplers 285's are a big jump in the price area.. is there a big difference in look and feel of the two shapes or any suggests for a cheaper 285 any info is appreciated... and agian sorry if this is a mad repost

2. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I put on a level kit and stayed with the stock 265 70 17 tire size, but went with the GY DuraTrac's and I have had them about 3 months now and wish I would have spent the extra $$$ on the 285's.

3. BRAINTUMORBOB

BRAINTUMORBOB New Member

see thats wat im thinking 265's might b too narrow. but id like to see some comparision pics of a 08 with a 2in leveling kit one with 265 and one with 285 that would be nice

4. BRAINTUMORBOB

BRAINTUMORBOB New Member

any more opinions are much appreciated thanks

5. kgibson181

kgibson181 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I would say definately go with the 285's. You would be surprised at the much more wide and beefier look just from one size jump. I have 285/75/16 terra grapplers on my 03 and love them. Not loud at all and even with 35,000 on em' they still have about 30% of tread left. Rotated them every 5,000 miles.

6. Silverado Junkie

Silverado Junkie Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Definitaly 285's man. I had 285-75-16's on my truck when I first got it, and lator put on a set of 265-75-16's. Definitaly wasnt worth the saved money. Next time im goin back to 285's.

7. BRAINTUMORBOB

BRAINTUMORBOB New Member

thanks guys for the opinions 285's its gunna be i think cant friggen wait

8. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Post up some pics when you get those bad boys on!

9. BRAINTUMORBOB

BRAINTUMORBOB New Member

will do first thing when i get them on

10. I had the same question when I got tires for my stock 05 z71 suburban. I ended up going with 285s and am extremely happy I did. they look great and fit well! better handling too with them.

**EDIT** I forgot to mention I went with the Goodyear Silent Armour Pro tires.