1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

285/65 r18 Nitto Trail Grapplers

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by keith86, Jan 27, 2012.

1. keith86

keith86 New Member

i have a 2010 ext cab z71 i have been doing some searching on here and havent really found what i was looking for yet. i have been looking at getting some 285/65 r18 nitto trail grapplers and putting them on my stock wheels and wondering if anybody on here has the same setup and can post some pictures of them? and how many MPGs you lost by getting them? thanks for the help.
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  2. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I'm pretty sure they should fit if you put a leveling kit on your truck.. Some of the others may know better than myself.
  3. keith86

keith86 New Member

yea im sure i want have any problems with them fitting. i already have a leveling kit im just curious if anybody has them on the stock wheels
  4. LB'07-Z

LB'07-Z Rockstar 100 Posts

Go to my profile and check out mt albums I have 285x65x18 Trail Grapplers with stock rims and a RCX 2" leveling kit. I lost around 3 mpg then I put an Airaid Jr. CAI on and gained the mpgs I lost back. Hope this helps.

Luke[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  5. keith86

keith86 New Member

Yea that's exactly what im looking for thanks how are the tires wearing so far do they ride good
  6. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

You, sir, are the only person I have ever heard claim that kind of a mileage improvement from a CAI, by itself. Can you supply data to back that up? I'm asking because I, too, have a CAI (different brand) and if someone can demonstrably prove a 3mpg regain of mileage previously lost from mods ... I'll be switching my CAI to that one. It's a big claim, so I'm looking for real, provable substantiation of it ... because if you can prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt I will absolutely switch to the CAI you're running.

Let me know. PM is fine, if you'd prefer.
  7. LB'07-Z

LB'07-Z Rockstar 100 Posts

The tires ride great for a mud tire in my opinion. Im coming up on 10k miles on them and so far they seem to be wearing decently. Im hoping to get 15 or 20 more.

Ok this data you speak of absolutely I don't have any physical data to send you what I'm saying is my instant mpg went back to saying 16-18 V8 & 23-25 V4 on my daily commute to work after I got my CAI. After my mods & before my CAI it was down also around here we call it Duck River hill before (with how I like to drive) 6 mpg up it, after it was back to 9 mpg (this is where I get my 3. 9-6=3). Thats what my instant screen says and average I still get 12 -14 depending on where all I'm having to drive. It definatly worked for me and my truck unless the computer in the truck is messed up. Also got a buddy he's on here too username's Pruett he has 1 too talk to him if you want he's back to getting 15 mpg with his 295s. And your truck (looks awesome by the way) has a 6" lift and 315s where mine just has a leveling kit so no I do not think it would help your truck as much as it did mine but who knows. Hope this helps you man.
  8. Kuntryboy

Kuntryboy Member

I have a Daystar leveling kit on my 2010 Z71 4x4 and was wondering if this size would fit also. i do not know how much lift i got bc i didnt take measurements before and after but the truck is fairly level so im gussing i got 2'' max? any thoughts on that? also i was looking at some 275/70/18's. would these fit on stock 18's? they are a skinnier tread then teh 285/65/18's. thanks
  9. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Not sure if you will see another 20k on those Nittos, Luke. I just took off my 295's and they had a little more than 20k on them and they were really close to the wear indicators. But I do agree they are a great tire.
  10. sevi084x4

sevi084x4 Rockstar 100 Posts

Im Not exactly sure why people seem to have issues with some 285 tires on stock rides, i have never had any issues but it is probably the wheel setup they are using because i have some chevy 22s that have 285/45/r22 on them and have had them on my 08 and 11 and have had zero clearance issues. The height is a tad shy of 33inches.