1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

285/75/16 Goodyear Duratracs on stock 2500HD rims

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by chevyman2004, Jan 15, 2011.

1. chevyman2004

chevyman2004 New Member

Anyone have this set-up on their truck? Looking for a good offroad/onroad all terrain that does well in the snow and i want to go from 265/75/16s to the 285/75/16s. I have heard the stiffness isn't quite up to par and cornering is a little treacherous on the Duratracs but everything else is superb on them. Anyone?
  2. gig'em

gig'em New Member

I've never had these tires on a truck, but I do currently have a set of 31 duratracs on a 93 4runner and they are great tires. Not any noisier than the street tires that had been on the vehicle, and have gotten me through some serious snow and mud. plus they look really good.
    I would recommend them
  3. ajarman

ajarman New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I had the DuraTrac's on my 1500 and loved them! You will be very pleased with the tire and I think the size will be perfect!
  4. quakaddict09

quakaddict09 New Member

I have the 285's on my 07 2500 and the rub when ever you make a sharp turn but other than that they are great tires
  5. chevyman2004

chevyman2004 New Member

I've got a leveling kit on my 04 2500 so that shouldn't be a problem. How do they feel in the corners? Are they stiff enough for you?
  6. quakaddict09

quakaddict09 New Member

yea then you shouldnt have no problem at all, but yes they do hold very well in the corners
  7. ajarman

ajarman New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Make sure you get the right load range. I got my DuraTrac's in a C and they were very soft. 1 of the reasons I got rid of them, but that was my mistake.
  8. marko54

marko54 New Member

I have the Duratracs (265's) on my 07 Suburban 2500 on the stock rims. I have load range E. Real stiff ride but these Tires are outstanding in the snow. This is my second set of Duratracs. I had the 315's on my 09 H3 that i sold.
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  9. chevyman2004

chevyman2004 New Member

thanks for the input, by the way the burb looks great!
    1 person likes this.
  10. marko54

marko54 New Member

Thanks, if you go with the Duratracs, you wont be sorry.