1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

285 tires - show me yours - help me decide

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by berg, Feb 12, 2010.

1. berg

berg Member

So I've got tax refund $$ coming and am going back and forth on what I want for a new wheel/tire package. I'm running stockers now.

Here's what I'm considering for tires:
    285/75/16 - - MT's
    285/65/18 or 285/60/18 - - AT or MT (probably Nittos)
    Or maybe even a 285/50/20 - - probably have to stick with an AT.

My truck has no lift right now - but to fit a little more tire I would consider doing keys in the front and a lift block or AAL spring in the rear. I'm thinking 2" max.

I plan to stick to a 8-9" wide wheel so they're not sticking way out in the front. Maybe even run a little positive offset if I end up with a 9".

Show Off Your Ride and help me decide
    I know there's a ton of guys out there with the 88-98 body style 4wd truck that already have a good setup like this - so show me what you've got! Post a pic here or point me to your album and help me decide.

Although the newer ones (99-09) are way cool that won't really help me in figuring out what I want.

Thanks guys!
  2. ajfdirtrider

ajfdirtrider Rockstar

I am getting my 285/65/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers on tuesday (suppose to be in last thursday but got shipped to the wrong store) and i am putting my keys blocks and shocks in on monday. My rims are 18x10 -16 offset. When i get everything ill post some pics. I have seen guys on here run 20x10 with a 285/55/20 (33x11.6) and a -25 offset with just cranked keys and still get them to fit (with a little trimming of course), so you should be fine with any of those combos.
  3. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

These are what I just put on my suburban and love them so far, I HATED the BFGs that I had.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2010