1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

285 Tires

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by smpoulin1, Feb 3, 2009.

Random Gallery Photos

1. smpoulin1

smpoulin1 New Member

Has anyone put 285's on their truck without a lift? (08) If so, any problems/trouble?

Thanks
  2. Duncan_Z71

Duncan_Z71 New Member

i have them on my 01 silverado. Without a lift. But I dont think the 08 would have any problem?
  3. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

i think they would fit ok, you may have to cut a little plastic but thats all
  4. bac-n-afect

bac-n-afect New Member 100 Posts

You knowreading things on this forum really makes me respect the collective knowlege of the members. And having said that I'm sure you can understand why I am slightly guarded when replying. I wonder if what I type turns out to be a waste of typewriter style eye movement...

You were asking if 285's would fit on your truck?

My truck came with 285's
    That is 285/55R20
    Hope that helps
  5. ChevyFarmKid

ChevyFarmKid New Member

yes, they do fit with out rubbing!
  6. smpoulin1

smpoulin1 New Member

Let me clarify - Has anyone put 285/75/17's on without trouble?
  7. jerrynino

jerrynino New Member 100 Posts

on stock wheels?
    hmm... maybe... my 285's still rub after a levleling kit but my wheels are 9'' wide
  8. tlperry68

tlperry68 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

From what I see those tires are almost 34" tall. No way they will fit unless you lift the front about 3".
  9. ippielb

ippielb New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Got those exact tires on my 2002 silverado z71, no rubbing at all with no lift.
  10. bb55hrt

bb55hrt New Member

I'm running 285-75-16 BFGs on my 04. Its got a leveling kit on it and the tires look kind small to me. That probly doesn't help you but I wanted to chime in.
    BB