1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

2nd battery, Speaker and amp installation help needed

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by Custer, Oct 23, 2008.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. Custer

Custer New Member

I am puttin some sounds in my 1999 suburban. This is not a street queen. This truck is lived out of during fishing trips for up to a week at a time. The back seats pretty much stay down. I am planning on doing a stereo upgrade, with some amps and a sub.

1. Any ideas on a tray to put amps under the front seats? I am getting in and out wearing waders, covered in sand and water. I need to be able to keep the amps off the carpet and protected from me shifting my feet and knocking sand backwards.

2. Has anyone mounted a sub in the tool panel behind the left rear door? What about putting the amp and sub there?

3. I hate looking at the empty battery tray on the drivers side. What is the best method to wire a back up battery?

Thanks

2. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I can tell you there are kits to add a second battery but am not sure of the alternator requirements. As for putting the amps in a good location, I am currently working on the same and behind the second seat where the third row passangers would put there feet is the best place that I could figure out. I rarely have anyone in the third row and in the 4 years i have had this burban it has only been used 4 times. I can get you some pics when i am done but not sure when that will be, but I could try and work something up with a picture and photoshop or paint to give you an idea. How big of sub to you plan on putting in and as for the amp are you just getting one for the sub or for other speakers as well? You want to be able to have some air movement around the amp so it doesnt fry.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2008
  3. Custer

Custer New Member

I was thinking about that, but the seats stay down most of the time, and I am afraid of overheating the amps, and totally nmuffling the sub....

I was thinking I could put the sub, and the sub amp in the left side panel behind the rear door...

has anyone tried that?