2nd row captains chairs????

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by vncj96, Oct 31, 2011.

1. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

We will being having our third child this coming June, I really do not want to buy a newer vehicle to add more convenience for accessing 3 kids. So i am wondering was there ever a factory option for my 99 Suburban LT for 2nd row captians chairs or am I gonna have to look into aftermarket? Adding this would make it so much easier to put our oldest child into the 3rd row or getting to him whil the vehicle is in motion.

2. 99monguse

99monguse Rockstar

My 2001 Suburban has 2nd row buck seats instead of a bench seat. The seats actually fold down and if I remove the 3rd row bench seat I can put full 8ft long sheets of plywood just like if I had a 8ft long bed pickup truck.

3. TMair

TMair Member

I don't think I understand, my Suburban has the second row bench, which is what I wanted for more seating, and I can put three adults in that seat and they do not complain about it being to tight, I would think you could put three kids back there, even if one was in a car seat, heck I remember back in the days when seat belts were optional my dad put a BIG seat belt in the back seat of our Dodge station wagon, and that one belt held all three of us, and we were not little kids, we fought but we all servived.
    Terry

4. 99monguse

99monguse Rockstar

My Suburban doesn't have a bench in the middle, my truck has the optional bucket seats instead. I don't know if you can simply swap your bench out for buckets or not.

5. Naptime

Naptime Rockstar 100 Posts

I just leave the second row passenger seat down in the stowed position. That leaves easy access to the 3rd row, and still have two spots in the second row.

6. vncj96

Ok, thank you for your suggestions but I am just looking for an answer, did the factory have a bucket option for a 99 susburban, @mongoose our suburbans are not the same bodystyle. Also we will have 3 kids in carseats so sticking them all in one row isnt really an option as they simply wont fit.

7. TMair

TMair Member

Not on the subject of seats, but do you have or are having twins?
    Terry

8. vncj96

No twins, just Irish Triplets (3 under 3)

9. Naptime

Naptime Rockstar 100 Posts

10. trkndude

trkndude New Member

2md row capn seats.

I think it was the 01 models that 1st had the captains seat options. They were available earlier on the conversion packages, but good luck finding those because each conversion outfit could do what they or the dealer desired.

Why not retro fit the newer seats to your floor? It may even be a direct bolt in swap if you find the right conversion.