1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

2nd time ever stuck in my truck!

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by Jimmeh, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Decided to go wheeling today on my own and ended up getting stuck about a mile up the trail! Definitely going back though! I took the scenic route and took some pictures, so here they are!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Elevation:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The signs I like the best:
    [​IMG]

Stuck:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If I had a locker or at the very least limited slip, I probably would have been ok. But, thanks to my open rear axle, the right rear was spinning, and since it was off the ground, I had nothing ;). I didn't take pictures of what kind of system I had going, but with a ton of rocks stacked underneath, I still couldn't get it to grab and ended up getting the truck very high centered.

Didn't get any pictures of the recovery. Ended up calling a buddy of mine with an 07 Ram halfy to come and pull me out. Then we cruised around on the mountain roads for a bit and went back to his place for a project his wife needed done. Hopefully I can get back up there sooner rather than later!

Last edited: Jun 9, 2012
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

A GM vehicle saved by a Dodge. FAIL. (How embarrasing...)

3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

What is the #1 Rule about Wheeling???????? And what is the #2 Rule???????

(1) NEVER go by your self.........:rules:

(2) Never get pulled out by a Dodge.....:lol:

(3) You did... Take lots of Pics......:great:

4. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

I probably would have left out how I got pulled out.:lol:Im also very glad for your sake that you did not post pics of the recovery.:lol:Anyway glad everything worked out for ya.

5. Jimmeh

Hey, I'm not too proud to be pulled out by another make of vehicle. That's part of the wheeling experience. And most of the time when I go by myself I usually don't attempt stuff like that. Like I said, my buddy with the Dodge didn't live too far away so it wasn't a big deal to me, even if I had to wait a little while longer.

On a side note, my old Ram that I had was pulled out of a snow bank by a Subaru, so that should equal out the un-manliness of yesterdays foray.

6. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

hey it happens man. dont feel bad, we've all been stuck.

Alex

7. Jimmeh

Exactly! I don't feel bad at all! I had fun and plan on getting stuck again, but with a different buddy with a different Dodge to pull me out ;)

8. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

now, i could have said that since i bought a 4x4 truck, ive never been stuck in one, but then you might feel bad, so i wont say it.

I HAVE been stuck in work vehicles a few times, but its been a while. round about the time i bought my first truck. coincidence? i think not.

Alex

9. AnimalYates

AnimalYates Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Awesome pictures man. Makes me wish I lived somewhere more 'out in the sticks' so I could take my truck for an adventure like this. Around here where I live there's no such place..

10. Jimmeh

You just weren't using the truck right if you didn't get stuck ;). Although, I have been stuck in my work trucks a few more times than my personal trucks, lol.