2nd time wheelin, 1st time stuck! pics!!

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by kawasaki_kid, Apr 27, 2009.

Newest Photos

1. kawasaki_kid

kawasaki_kid New Member 100 Posts

So decided to take the new(to me) truck out for a spin in the mud, just bought friday by the way. this is my first 4X4, and not gonna lie, dont have much a clue how to drive it in the mud. of course i got it stuck on the "last one" pass of the night. took about 30-40 minutes to get myself out. eventually piled a bunch of lime stone rocks in the ruts i had made myself, and got her out. may not be able to see it in the pics, but i was on the frame and diff and one point. i was told this truck had a 16 bolt posi... one or the other of the back tires was stopped most of the time? i only have pics of when i first got stuck, when it got worse the focus kinda shifted to trying to get out:p anyway, heres pics. ...good times.

Attached Files:

2. nickgiacalone

nickgiacalone New Member 100 Posts

looks like u burried her pretty far. we've all done it. did u end up getting yourself out or did u have to get yanked out?

my first time stuck in my truck wasnt out wheelin in the snow it was the morning after st. patty's day trying to make it thru my buddy's ditch that was full of water, but hey, i just went inside and grabbed a coffee and then we yanked ol betsey out.
  3. kawasaki_kid

just got it out myself, didnt have a choice, only other vehicle with me was a 2wheel drive quad, aside from that i dont have tow hooks on the front, and backwards was only deeper muck/water. Lots of back and forth, rocks under the tires, and a little bit of shoveling(idk if it actually helped or not, but im out)
  4. nickgiacalone

nickgiacalone New Member 100 Posts

ahh, i never go wheeling alone. even if i say i'm only going to go thru a little i get all worked up and start rippin it up out there.

i don't use the tow hooks if i'm pulling the front anyways (usually lol). i dont trust them ive seen too many go flying off and putting a nice dent in peoples tailgates, same with chains, i refuse to use a chain. i keep two very nice heavy dute 10,000lb (3in) straps with loop ends, no metal hooks. usually i loop the snatch strap over the frame rail in the front. if you're going to be wheeling a lot it might be beneficial to you to add some recovery hooks to your truck. just a thought
  5. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

hahaha I miss the days of getting stuck in flat mud pits. Now a days I find rocks dangerously close to key driveline components, or I end up wedged against/bouncing off trees.

But anyway back to your situation. You do not have a 16 bolt rear, I am not sure they even exist. And if only 1 tire or the other was spinning, you do not have a limited slip/locker/posi in the rear. If the truck is a 2500 it may have a 14 bolt rear, otherwise it's probably a 10 bolt. :great:
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2009
  6. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

x2 on that one. and yes i bounce off of trees to. hence why my black cherokee has a red tailgate now
  7. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Sigh, I miss the good times like going out and getting stuck when wheeling.
  8. kawasaki_kid

yeah sorry, its a 14 bolt, one wheel was deffinatly stopped.
  9. bry2500

bry2500 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Looks like you had fun. Too bad you let a little twig stand in your way.:lol:
  10. jester

jester New Member

wow you really got it buried