1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2wd lift

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by 5speedsilverado, May 16, 2009.

1. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

ok, so im looking into building my truck into a capable offroader, and was looking at this suspension kit, what do you guys think of this kit, it looks like a good kit, but im'a noob on suspentions

http://www.performancelifts.com/cgi-bin/cart/CSTLT07.html
  2. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

well CST makes some awesome stuff and if you can shell out the coin for it then do it up. However, that looks like a pretty hardcore kit and you will be paying a lot for it after shocks, and other parts. it also says you have to replace the fenders too which is a lot of money. That kit is for making a pretty hardcore offroad race truck it seems. But, if that is what you want then im not gonna stop you cuz it will be sick. However, I would look into a 6" kit from fabtech, skyjacker, or rough country. they will be cheaper and will help you offroad for sure
  3. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

4. masterfoxscout

masterfoxscout New Member 100 Posts

http://www.bds-suspension.com/kits/157H

That is the kit I would go with. I swear by BDS ofcourse.

Personally, if it were me doing a 2wd off roader, I'd be focused on the traction aspect. Since you only have one axle pulling, I think a selectable locker such as an OX or an Eaton ELocker would be an excellent choice here. It will lock the wheels when you are off roading and you can turn the locker off when you are driving on the highway.
  5. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Yeah I agree with Sierra Pete that is a HARDCORE suspension kit, but by the time you get all of that installed and done with I bet you would have $5,000 easy into that! It even says about the welding aspect, you better find someone who is NHRA certified welder meaning that they can weld radiuses like no tomorrow. I would not skimp on the welding part, because if you broke one of those welds on the shock hoops you would have a real mess! My friend has a CST lift on his truck and it is an awesome kit, I know if I ever had another lifted truck I would go with CST for sure because I have driven one and seen it installed and they are impressive.

BTW they do have fiberglass BAJA fenders for your truck through four wheel parts, but they are like $1,500 a side so keep that in mind.
  6. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Last edited: May 17, 2009
  7. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts