Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

2x4 or 4x4 ? [Expired Topic]

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by ben_mtl, Nov 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ben_mtl

ben_mtl New Member

Hi everybody, I'm new on this forum and after having a look at the topics I didn't found the answer to my question...
    I own a 87 suburban, 6.2L diesel, 2x4 with the 3 gears transmission and the body is completly rusted (that's fun to live in Canada :evil: ) so I'm about buying a "new" suburban (still the same genereation : before 91).
    I found a 87 2x4, diesel and a 90 4x4 diesel. Both have the 4 gear transmission and the price is almost the same... so I'm wondering if the difference of MPG is very different between those 2 cars.

Thanks a lot

Ben

2. ProzacKid

ProzacKid Rockstar 100 Posts

RE: 2x4 or 4x4 ?

The 4x4 is going to be a little heavier, but I'm not certain if the extra weight costs that much at the pump between the 2WD and the 4WD. What part of canada are we talking about, btw?

3. ben_mtl

ben_mtl New Member

I'm from Montreal (Quebec).
    Thanks for your answer anyway

4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

5. ben_mtl

ben_mtl New Member

allright thank you very much !
    I found the 1990 4WD : 3.25 US$/25 miles so it's not so bad compared to the 87 2WD.
    I'll go for the 1990 (just have to check again for the rust)

6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Good deal. Let us know how it works out, post some pics too if you get a chance.

7. ben_mtl

ben_mtl New Member

yeah no problem, I aslo think about modifying the truck to run with vegetal oil (but not right after buying it) , I'll let you know.

8. ChevyFan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.