1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

3/4 ton leafs on a 1/2 ton silverado

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by crasher78, May 22, 2010.

Random Gallery Photos

1. crasher78

crasher78 New Member

I have a 1995 chevy silverado Z-71. My dad and i cut firewood and use our trucks (same color and year somehow) and my truck's leafs are going flat, a few people told me to put 3/4 tons leafs spring under it. i was woundering if i do put 3/4 springs under my truck will it lift my back end up. if so how much?

After looking at junkyard.
    The junkyard near me only has 1 tons springs but have them listed under 3/4 ton springs. they are lifts as 3/4 6 leaf springs but are lifted under a k3500 Silverado. if they have to be 1 tons will i get more lift. if it is less then two inchs that is find because i am planning on putting 2" torsion keys in the front
    Last edited: May 22, 2010
  2. dannys99

dannys99 New Member

I have them on my 99 burb. It raised it about an inch.
  3. ippielb

ippielb New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21512

Read that thread, there is some information you might find useful, basically just measure the width of the 3/4 ton leaf springs, and then the eye to eye length. They do work, but just be on the safe side. It should raise your back end around 1 or 2 inches, if your springs right now are going flat.
  4. novaman64

novaman64 New Member

airbags could be another alternative....
  5. lancer

lancer New Member 100 Posts

i have 3/4 ton springs on the back of my 06. whenever i hooked my car trailer up it sagged ALOT. i got a free set of springs and it raised the rear about 1" or so and it doesn't sag at all so far no matter what i've had behind it. just make sure of the length and that your u bolts will be long enough..
  6. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

x2 on the airbags. if the springs have sagged without a load may still need to replace them but i definately recommend firestone airbags.