1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

3/4 ton lug pattern questions

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by 08_rado_rocker, May 9, 2012.

1. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Alright folks, as some of you know, I will soon be the proud owner of a 01 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4 6.6 w/ Allison transmission.

My question for y'all is, anyone know if the 8-lug hub bolt pattern has changed over the past 11 years? The truck has stock wheels on it, and I'm basically in love with the new 20's available on the NNBS 3/4 tons. Wondering if they will fit on that 01 or not.

Thanks for any help provided!
    :sign0021:

2. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Nope, the new factory 8-lug 20's wont fit. GM went to a bigger bolt circle in 2011 when they upgraded the front axles on the 3/4 ton and 1 ton trucks. 8-lug GM rims up to and including 2010 will fit, but the biggest you can get there are 17's, and dodge rims right up to now will fit, but I don't think they have any 20's either, so your best bet for 20's would be to go aftermarket.

3. 08_rado_rocker

...i feel as if somebody just pissed in my bowl of cheerios.

4. pmf608

:lol: sorry, but someone had to do it...

If it makes you feel any better, I really like those 20's as well, and I wish they were compatible for if/when I have a GM 8-lug truck.

5. 08_rado_rocker

...Got any idea about compatibility of NNBS wheel hubs to the 01?? I'm sure with 200K+ miles on it... it could use some tlc in that department i bet.

6. pmf608

The 17" alloys from the 2007-2010 hd trucks will fit on your 01. As long as you stay with 2010 or older, you won't have any problems

7. 08_rado_rocker

17s are a bit too small for me, and i think that's what she's got on her already maybe? I wanna go fairly big with em, as she'll be having a 6" lift.

8. pmf608

If it has factory wheels on it, they'll be 16". That was the only size available on the HD trucks until 2007.

I just had a thought though... the 2008+ Hummer H2 had some nice 20" rims that will bolt right on to the pre-2011 HD trucks. That's another option you could look into.

9. 08_rado_rocker

I bet you're right. All i know is they're small and ugly haha! Ill definitely check into the HS wheels thing, thanks for the insight bro!

10. fordlover

fordlover New Member

to add more insult on a dead post... you don't have an Allison either.