Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

3.73's to 4.10's or 4.56's

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by metalsystem761, Oct 29, 2012.

1. metalsystem761

metalsystem761 New Member

Here's what me and a buddy are thinking
    07 4 door silverado 2wheel drive with stock 3.73s
    has 22's and a 5.3L

What I thinking is 4.10's for better take off and such to add due to the rims and rotors I added make the truck heavier.
    And my buddy says goto 4.56's.

Wanting different gears due since it is a heavy truck with just a 5.3.

price isn't an option.

And I have a programmer that has the option to tune to 4.10s or 4.56

2. Boonduff

Boonduff Member 3 Years 100 Posts

Go with the 4.10s. The 4.56s will give you awesome low end power, but will really kill your topend, limit your top speed, and kill your mileage.

3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

What was your original (stock) tire size and what is your new tire size? (Rim size is not enough; I'm going to use the data you provide to show you a little something on a chart...)

4. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

doesnt matter if theyre 22's or 18's, rim size has nothing to do with the question at hand. its the TIRE size that affects your power. like surreal asked, what is your tire size? ALSO, would you rather have more low end and less MPG, or vice versa? the choice comes down to your personal preference...