1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

3" body lift torsion bars cranked 3 inches what size tires?

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by skyfarms73, Aug 1, 2013.

1. skyfarms73

skyfarms73 New Member

I have a 1994 extended cab Silverado, it had 3" blocks under it and the torsion bars cranked when I got it. I'm gonna put a 3" body lift on it, what size tires would fit it the best. I used to have a 1990 Toyota that had the same amount of lift(lifted the same way) and I ran 35 12.50 15's on it with very little rubbing. It would only rub when I turned real deep. Thanks for any suggestions!
  2. Rebel_Bowtie

Rebel_Bowtie New Member

Skyfarms, not sure what you mean by 3" blocks already under it (I assume you mean torsion keys/coil spacers right?) And you're going to put a 3" body lift on it. I can tell you from experience, you'll barely clear 35s with that setup. To do it, you'll need to cut or bend your front bumper edges back so you can turn. And you'll need at least a +25 offset or you'll have a turning radius the size of a football field. You will also have a scary amount of body roll and the steering link extension is a pain if you're gonna do it yourself. I did all this trying to fit 35x12.5 Thornbird TSLs under my 93 only to go back to 33s a month later.

Bottom line man: Go with a good suspension lift. You can do what youre askin about, but you get what you pay for.
  3. K15 Blazer Guy

K15 Blazer Guy New Member

not to mention youll need to re-gear too with 35" tires....

dont do the body lift. just throw on some 33s if you have 3.73 gears now, youll be right on the edge of not needing to re-gear