Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

3 exterior projects..need help!!

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by AJ's Sierra, Aug 6, 2009.

1. AJ's Sierra

AJ's Sierra Rockstar

i have 3 projects for the exterior of my truck. plzz help if u have input thanks
    1. clearing my headlights- getting help with that hopefully on sunday
    2. i would like to debadge my tailgate but dont wanna take off an paint and would like to know how
    3. would like to paint the black plastic trim below my chrome bumper. best way to have the cleanest look?

any input is awesome, thanks again.

2. AJ's Sierra

AJ's Sierra Rockstar

3. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

With #2 Not hard to do.What I used was some fishing line then with the leftover Adhesives I used a 3-M Eraser Wheel.Then use Meguiars Quick Detlail.I would just said take your time and before you know it your done.

With #3 I had my Aftermarket Front Spoiler painted at a local Body Shop.They did a great job.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
  4. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

clearing lights might be trick, becareful on the temperature u use to heat up the glue.... use a heat gun if glue starts to stick again.

5. Project1

Project1 Rockstar 100 Posts

every thing is pretty easy headlights will probly be most time comsuming. debaging is easy with fishing line like the dude said. just take your time and pay attention to what your doin and you will be fine

6. AJ's Sierra

AJ's Sierra Rockstar

the headlights i have a buddy doing for me. i have never really sanded before so thats why the plastic trim hasnt got done yet lol. and maaaybbe ill try debadging, as long as i got my lucky hat, shirt, shoes, etc hahaha

7. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

lol, get one of those adhesive rollers..........unless you love blister on all of the tip of your fingers.

8. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i have heard from people that have done that, you have to cut them open, because they melt

9. SoCal Chevy

SoCal Chevy Rockstar 100 Posts

this is just a sugestion, but on that link u posted, the guy painted his whole valence white. i wuld have left the center part where the tow hooks are black. i think itd match the grill and the all white valence looks a lil tacky to me

10. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts