1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

3 inch body lift on 05 z71

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by stephen115, Jun 10, 2010.

1. stephen115

stephen115 Member

Are the Performance Accessories 3" body lift kits good?

and if I buy one from summit racing can I take it to a shop to get installed?
  2. azdrtdog

azdrtdog Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

For the right price a good shop will do anything you want. For 3" you might just get keys and level it much easier to do and will do the same
  3. stephen115

stephen115 Member

So if I get the torsion keys from summit it will level out the front and look the same? and I can do it in my driveway?
  4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I just dont like body lifts. I've seen to mant issues with them. Save your money and buy a Skyjacker 3" suspension lift. You can install yourself as the front diff. does not have to be dropped out to install kit. You can install this kit faster than a body lift kit. We would install the Skyjacker suspension kit for only $200.00 more than installing the P/A body lift because the body lift is more labor intense than the Skyjacker suspension kit.
  5. azdrtdog

azdrtdog Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

It can be done in driveway but you will need a good C clamp to get the keys back above the bolt/block setup