1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

3 inch rough country lift and tire sizes

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by RPGeorge20, Sep 7, 2010.

1. RPGeorge20

RPGeorge20 New Member

Ok first off i just found out that if u put on the 3 inch suspension RC lift you have to remove your leveling kit. Because of this it will raise my truck up maybe an inch higher than with the leveling kit?? I was wanting to go with the 295/70/18 nitto trail grappler. Will this fit?? If not I would keep my leveling kit(2.25) and maybe go with the 275/70/18 firestone destination mt(33.2 inch tire i think). Only thing that makes me not want them is because they may look way to skinny for my truck. Any opinions??
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the club. What year truck and 1/2 or 3/4 ton, 2wd or 4x4?
  3. RPGeorge20

RPGeorge20 New Member

2009 chevy silverado 1/2 ton 4x4...and thanks! will get pics up ASAP
  4. ethan1029

ethan1029 New Member

with the leveling or 3" lift you should be fine with 33s
  5. RPGeorge20

RPGeorge20 New Member

I have the 2.25 leveling kit right now and 33" kumho road venture MT. Its almost time for new tires, thats why I was wanting to do something different.

I noticed today on my leveling kit(the 2 part kit 1 piece on the lower strut and the other on top) that the lower piece is only ab a half of an inch thick and if i bough the one from rough country I think its 1 inch think maybe? so if i got it i will get raised another inch right?? Or will this put to much of an angle on my axles??

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

I am wanting to go a little bigger than a 33". I was wanting a 34" inch tire and I need to know if it will fit. I know i will have to do some triming tho...
  6. silveradotrailblazer

If you have a NBS truck you can't mixthe kits together because the upper control arm will rub on the strut/spring. ReadyLift make a 4" kit with a new reshaped upper control arm.
  7. RPGeorge20

RPGeorge20 New Member

hmmm but there is no way i can fit a 34 inch tire under my truck now with just the leveling kit??

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

If i put the lower strut spacer on from Rough Country wouldnt that basically be the same height as if i just put the 3 inch suspension lift on from RC??
  8. silveradotrailblazer

A 3" suspension lift gives you brackets for lowering the front suspension so your control arms stay within spec(won't rub control arms). Theres a reason the leveling kit manufactures only go 2.5" in lift.

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

Go to RoughCountrys website and you can see they give you a new upper control arm with there 3" lift. This is so the strut will clear the control arm and to be able to aline the front end.
  9. RPGeorge20

RPGeorge20 New Member

Aight thanks...with that said theres no way to fit the 295/70/18 nitto trail(34") under my truck with just the leveling kit i have now?? Also do you think the 275/70/18 firestone destination MT will be to skinny for my truck?? I think its 11" wide and tread width or 8.6"...sounds way to skinny!!
  10. silveradotrailblazer

Well thats kinda personal taste, what you think is skinny my be fine with me. Its YOUR truck and do what you like, not what everybody else likes. Just enjoy your truck.