1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

#3 spark plug...PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Upkeep' started by HisBoog, Aug 7, 2013.

1. HisBoog

HisBoog New Member

I will apoligize from the get go...I am sure this has been answered a million times already!

I have an 01 GMC Jimmy, and yup you guessed it...no problem changing any other the other spark plugs...but the wonderful one right behind the steering shaft seems impossible:grrrrrr:. I have found several things online about ways to get to it, but I want to make sure before I go un-hooking stuff that I really need to do that! Any and all advise will be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance!!!
  2. zippstripp

zippstripp New Member

Those are a pain I agree. First of all jack the front up on the frame to let the front wheel sag. Easier access over the wheel. find a plug socket with a hex type(socket)end on it. Should fit a 5/8 wrench. Socket on the plug wrench on the end of the socket and hope for the best. Once it breaks loose should come out fairly simple.Then reverse the steps. Hope it helps.
  3. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member

I had to grind the tip of a 5/8 plug socket Down and use a swivel to get behind that damn steering shaft after sliding the plastic heat shield up or down out of the way. Worst design ever...