1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

3" suspension lift

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Burden33, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Burden33

Burden33 New Member

im am currently taken off the 1.56 leveling kit of my truck im lookign at replacing it witht he 3" suspension lift from rough country just woundering if anyone had try this product or if they have heard any5thing good or bad about it.
  2. Stealth

Stealth New Member 1000 Posts

the one thing i would be concerned about is whether it keeps that factory alignment or not. 3" is not very much so i wouuld not be too concerned
  3. tmcroc24

tmcroc24 New Member

i am also looking at this kit but i am also looking at a 2.25 level. if you dnt mind why the swtich to the 3" over the level
  4. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL New Member 1000 Posts

either way u need to get the truck aligmed anyways.

But spending money foe a 3" lift ??????
  5. chschevy58

chschevy58 New Member

I'm running the 2.25" ReadyLIFT leveling kit. I think that the leveling kit is the best idea because its almost just as much lift as a 3" lift. If you are looking for a bigger tire size then 33's then you will need atleast a 4.5"-6" Lift. I acctually had an off raod dealer refuse to install that 3" rough county lift kit because they said it was a piece of junk.
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
  6. tmcroc24

tmcroc24 New Member

did you do any lift or level in the rear
  7. Stealth

Stealth New Member 1000 Posts

the only lift kit i can get for my truck is 3.5 dardevil, so don't make me feel bad!
  8. travis_lassiter

travis_lassiter New Member

What tire size do you have on it? or are you upgrading to larger tires?
  9. Burden33

Burden33 New Member

The tires i had with the 1.5" was a 305 but i had my inside fenders trimmed but after i got in too my accident before christmas the dealer ship replaced everything so decided to go woith a bigger lift then start trimming. the reason why i went with the 3" is cause ready lift was the same prive with the front leveling kit and the rear blocks or it might of been abit more expansive im not sure now but ready lift don\t upgrad your a-arms or ball joints and it never came with new shocks for the back im going to give it a try with the rough country and if i don't like it ill just take it off and sell it and go with a 6" lift
  10. Greg84

Greg84 New Member

I've had the rough country 3" lift on my truck for about 10,000 miles now. No problems with it at all. Installed it in my driveway by myself on a saturday. I got the kit with the A-arms and front diff drop brackets, I know they have a cheaper kit out now that doesn't have these parts.. not sure how that would have worked, the CV shafts are at a steep enough angle as it is!