1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

$300 Fuel Pump Module WHAT???? 2000 S-10 Blazer"fuel pump Module"

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by murdog94, Sep 8, 2010.

1. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

Alright I about hit the floor today, my new to me blazer doesnt have a working fuel guage. I knew this when i bought it and thought that for less than $100 i would be able to install a nice sending unit and be done with it...
    Nope i get to my favorite parts store and ask how much they were since i was already picking up some other parts. $271 for a cheap Airtex one, and $343 for a Delphi, and $363 for a Bosch... :grrrrrr:WTH:grrrrrr:!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anyhow anyone know where i could get a reputable one for less than $250, other than Ebay (im not a fan of that site not for any real reason other than i dont care for it) I am searching other parts stores myself just wondering if anyone has come accross something.
    I am not trying to be cheap but $300 or more for something that i dont know if it will fail in 6months or not is a heart stopper, and i dont want to have to drop the tank in a snow bank in -20 temps!
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  2. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr New Member 1000 Posts

For that price it sounds like you're getting the pump and sending unit.

I've ordered from partstrain.com before and had a good experience. I just looked and they have the pump (only) for $77. The complete units are a little more reasonable for the "replacement" brand. But they're right in line what you were quoted for Airtex and Delphi.

Here's the page:
    http://www.partstrain.com/store/?PN...323 4294965995 4294966352&Nr=AND(universal:0)

Bear in mind that since I didn't know if it's an LT, LS or some other model (if it even matters)

Just curious, will you be dropping the tank for this or cutting an opening in the floor to access the top of the tank?
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2010
  3. murdog94

on the 2000 LS S-10 Blazer it is one Module, i cant get separate parts for it other than a fuel pump, well at least from Advance auto. I wish i could just get a sending unit like older trucks. And actually the Delphi is a bit cheaper. Which is my prefered pump.. So thanks alot trailLeadr!!!
  4. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr New Member 1000 Posts

Glad to help
  5. murdog94

Well as a final update i ended up getting an AirTex pump for $261 from advance and installing it the same day. I ran out of gas trying to get the tank low on fuel to alieviate some of the load. So that was the final straw for me. And talk about a pain in the behind those S-10blazers are to work on everything is so compacted in!