1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

305/40/22 on a 2002 4x4

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by mrace33, Feb 11, 2012.

Random Gallery Photos

1. mrace33

mrace33 New Member

i have an 02 silverado and i am wondering if i can put 305/40/22 tires on it. or what i need to make them fit.
    any help would be great
    thanks
  2. redneckchevy

redneckchevy New Member

unless you have some sort of lift i really doubt it, that about 34" tire, i have 35's on my truck and i got a 3" body lift and it rubs a little
  3. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

The 305/40/22's......have an Overall Diameter of.....31.6ins" and a Section Width of......12ins"........What is the Rim Width, and Offset and Backspace of the Rims????
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
  4. ajarman

ajarman New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

As it depends on the brand tire.... I have found BFG runs small and Nitto and Toyo run a little bigger. A 305/40r22 could be up to 3/4" taller and or 1" wider depending on the brand. Just something else to keep in mind and x2 on what mike said the offset of the wheel will play a big part too.
  5. mrace33

mrace33 New Member

the rim width is 9 1/2 and im thinking the code for the back space is J .They are konig rims.I was going to go to my local tire warehouse and ask them if it will work. The guy has them on a 90 thats not lifted and says they only rub turning hard backing up.
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2012