1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

305/50/20 Tires fit without rubbing

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by adampaul1964, Apr 14, 2009.

1. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Call me anal but, I bought a used tire on e-bay for 30 bucks so I could check fitment before I spend $800 on tires that don't fit. 305/50/20 was what I figured would fit and I'm happy to see I was right,could go taller and narrower but absolutely no wider, haven't decided if I'm going to stay with this size or not, I might go with 275/65/20 but with the factory rim I don't think they will stick out far enough for me since I have the factory fender flares. Just thinking out loud! lol :happy:

Attached Files:

2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Well I think those fit the truck pretty well in the picture, I think you would be happier with the 305 but it's up to you. I love the wheels by the way, they look a lot like the American Racing Torque Thrust wheels.
  3. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I think you can even go another inch bigger IMO
  4. reddedsilvy05

reddedsilvy05 Rockstar

my tires are 275/55/20 and i really like the size although next time i may go a little more low profile but overall they are perfect tires as far as look and driving is concerned
  5. adampaul1964

Took some better pics today the lighting is a little better, although it's been raining non-stop the past two days!

Attached Files:

6. Pete95Sierra

I think I would try to find a 305/55R20. its an inch taller
  7. adampaul1964

I hear you but, I think they'll rub and I don't want to cut, besides it's almost double the price for that extra inch! :lol:
  8. Pete95Sierra

wow i didnt realize it would be that much more!! screw that!! go with the 50 than. it looks good anyway
  9. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

is your truck 2wd?? and how much taller is it then a 2wd work truck??
  10. adampaul1964

No, it's 4 wheel drive, and I don't know exactly how much taller it is, sorry.