Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

305/60R18 on a RC leveled '11 Silverado rubbing?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by winburne24, Feb 21, 2012.

1. winburne24

winburne24 New Member

I just installed a Rough Country 2" leveling kit on my 2011 Silverado and already have a set of the Helo 835 rims for a new set of tires. My question is could I install 305/60R18 Nittos on these rims without rubbing issues? If I do get rubbing what can be modified or location of anything or isn't the rubbing really that bad? Anyone have experience with this tire size and a leveled truck?

2. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I got those size tires on a ccm 2.5 level and I only rub in reverse at full lock and I just let it rub till it fixed it self aka rub about a piece of the wheel liner

3. CobraAviTek

CobraAviTek Member

Subscribing because I've got a 2.5" level and am interested to hear any info that comes from this.

4. winburne24

winburne24 New Member

Ok that's good to I know I found nittos in 305s for cheaper than 285s an figured why not
    Go bigger than. I will have to consider it then. Was it rubbing plastic or metal?

5. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Just plastic and only a ill bit

6. darthz7109

darthz7109 New Member

what offset on rims u have? i want the 305 to stick out a little. i believe i want a zero offset or a little negative offset for the look i want.

7. cj11209

cj11209 New Member

I will kinda be in the same boat once I buy my truck. Wondering if I can with RC 2" level kit on the 08-13 body style run 285-65-18 trail grapplers with no rubbing? Also to make sure a positive offset would stick the tire out farther and a negative offset would tuck the tire in correct or do I got it backwards?

8. JimmyA

JimmyA Member 1 Year 100 Posts

I installed 305/60/18 Dick Cepeks on factory wheels and I have no rubbing, with 2.5" level kit. After market wheels should have the same offset as OEM, IMHO. My tires don't protrude much at all. Check my garage for pics.......

9. cj11209

cj11209 New Member

Nice looking truck man! Thank you, looking on tacoma world looks like those are pretty close to same as 285 65 18 so i should be able to fit them on there I am guessing. Looks like the stock offset from what I have found is +25mm can anyone verify this just to make sure? Some of the rims I have been looking at are +18mm thinking that is pretty close if so.

10. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Most chevy stock wheels that I remember is +31 so +25 is close. But with those tires and +18 you should be good.