Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

305/75/16 on stock suspension

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by rileyjr16, Jan 26, 2014.

1. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Been a while since I've been logged on and active so here goes. I just came across 4 Nitto TerraGrapplers on
    CL that a guy is letting go for $200 for just the tires. The size is LT305/75/16; I know that these are 33" tires plus or minus a few 1/8s of a inch and that the tread is 12" wide.

Currently I have Mastercraft Courser A/T's and after 45,000 it's almost time to retire them (no pun intended)
    The tire height is 31.65"
    Tread width is 10.43"
    With the sidewall height being 7.82"

It appears I have a bit of room left for some more tire. But with the truck at 259,000+- miles, I'm having to debate in my head whether to go up a tire size or get used 265/75/16 tires.

The Nitto's I'm lookin at are
    32.81" in height
    12.01" tread width
    And 8.41" sidewall height

The truck is sitting stock height still but the stock torsion keys are turned 95% up to get rid of any front sag that may have accumulated over the years. Currently battling 2 issues, 1. Will the tire fit without any rubbing/trimming? 2. Is it worth it for a truck with high miles that hates the snow and cold?

2. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

id leave the tires stock man. your tranny wont like them, they might clear when the wheels are straight, but id would almost guarantee they will rub when turning.

i still have those old tires off my truck, if you can find some 18' rims.

Alex

3. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Believe me i been looking for 18" rims. Ones that won't break my checking account.

4. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

call around to the local off road shops, they might have some factory 18 take of rims for cheap. buddy of mine got almost new pirellies for his expedition for $500 from pungo, and they have rims as well.

Alex

5. grampy

grampy Member 100 Posts

Just sharing a personal opinion (worth about $.02). I'd think twice about switching to 18" or larger rims. The tires cost considerably more, I checked prices comparing the 16's I am running now to the same brand/type tire in an 18". $56.00 more PER TIRE !! We have one truck at the ranch that runs 17's - tires for that one run us about &70.00 a set more than the 16's, that is comparing a 265/75/16 to 265/70/17's, both load range 'E'. Maybe I'm just being a tightwad again !