1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

315/75/16

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by redneckarmyMP, Jul 1, 2009.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. redneckarmyMP

redneckarmyMP Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

im lookin at getting a set of bigger tires.anybody try squeezing 315/75/16s on their truck with just a leveling kit?i have 285/75/16s right now and they fit just fine before i even had the leveling kit.if i need to i can crank the torsion bars a little more and plan on an add-a-leaf for the rear soon.

2. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

315/75/16 are 34.6" tall which is 1.8" taller and 1.25" wider, if you are keeping the same rims the overall difference isn't that much but still may be enough to cause issues. Best advice I can give is do some measuring and see if you can spare the extra 0.9" between the bumper and rear of the front fender well and turn the wheels to full lock and see if you've got room for the extra 5/8" on the width. They will probably fit on the street but as soon as you compress the suspension I would think they will rub.

3. redneckarmyMP

im keeping the same stock wheels so that part shouldnt be a problem.ill do some measuring and go from there.i did it once a while back but cant remember exactly what they measurments were

4. Jimbo74

Jimbo74 Rockstar 100 Posts

i no people have done it and i no they have trimmed alot also. i ran that same size on my 01 but i had a 3 inch body lift. i would honestly suggest a body lift. just my opinion though

5. ChevyFarmKid

ChevyFarmKid Rockstar

no lift

i tried to put some on my 03' with a leveling kit and they rubbed a whole bunch. i still got them, just waiting to get money for a body lift. biggest i could fit was a 305/70/16

6. Jimbo74

they rubbed with a body lift what!!!! my old 01 regular cab 4x4 i had 35x12.50 on 16x8 and they never rubbed. i ran 35s on the stock rims just with a body lift for a while then i added new keys 2.25 from ready lift when i added the 16x8 rims, and it still didnt rub, i dont no what rims u had or if it was 2 or 4 wheel drive but they should not have rubbed with ur truck.

heres a pic of my 01 with the 3 inch body lift and 2.25 ready lift torsion keys, with 35x12.50 on 16x8 moto metal 955s, and they never rubbed even when i had it in the mud

[​IMG]

7. redneckarmyMP

i broke 2 body mounts under the cab on my last truck with a body lift.havent been a real big fan of them since.ill probably go a little smaller on em then

8. Jimbo74

i was wonderin if anybody else had that problem , i broke 2 cab mount myself on the red truck above but i think it had to do with my re ending a van, no damage to my truck, but the van had some, well good luck with ur truck and post some pics

9. marine22

marine22 New Member

hey dude i got a 01 silverado with leveling kit and im in the same boat as you, i want 315/75/16 so bad cause ive seen alot that look good, before you listen to anyone else, go to google.com and type in 94transam25th, then click images. you will see a white silverado with 35's. click on a pic and it will take you to greatlakes 4x4.com, read his blog and he will explain to you how they will fit, but he told me to keep my stock rims and just cranck by bars 1 turn and their wont be any rubbing,
    on yours, youll probly have to trim that little grey plastic thing on the bumper but thats it as long as you keep your stock rims.
    let me know if i helped man,
    Patrick

10. marine22

marine22 New Member

also if you have a 4x4 then you need blocks or an add a leaf but if you got a Z71 then only a leveling kit with another turn on your bars