Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

33x12.5x17 pro comp tires...question on fitment please!!

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by blackbettyZ71, Jul 27, 2010.

1. blackbettyZ71

blackbettyZ71 New Member

hey yall..i have an 03 z71 tahoe with stock wheels (17x7.5)..will these 12.5" wide procomps fit my stock z71 wheels...im hearing the wheels are too narrow from some ppl and some others are saying that theyll fit...any advice will help..thanks

2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

The recommended wheel size for that tire is 8" to 12". Yes you can physiclly make them fit but they won't wear correctly. Alot of tire stores do this and say your wheel is only a 1/2" to small, what's a 1/2". Well the MINIMUM wheels size is 8", that's the tires manufacture's speck. Like I said alot of people do it but its not right. That wheel is just to small.

3. blackbettyZ71

blackbettyZ71 New Member

gosh dangit...2nd pair of tires ive purchased that wont fit..bought the set for $140 cash so i guess i could flip em for a small profit since theyre in pretty great shape...if i DO put them on my wheels will the tire just be sucked inside the wheel well and look awkward? and how so will they not run true?

4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

they won't wear right because the bead is sucked in to far so you will be riding on the center of the tire. Yes you can lower the tire pressure so you don't ride on the center of the tire but than you overheat the tire and it wears out quickly or worse blow's out. Also the truck won't handle right at highway speeds.