1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

34 inch tire with a leveling kit?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by jbfireemt, Sep 18, 2009.

1. jbfireemt

jbfireemt New Member

So I've got an 07 ext cab 1500 4x4. toyo makes a 285/75/17(34.1x11.5) open country mud tire. tons of guys have told me this tire won't fit with a leveling kit. i keep doing the math and taking measurements and i think they will. i have factory wheels on hand, which i'm willing to buy spacers for and i have 17x9 aftermarkets on there now with 285/70/17 bfg's. my big questions is whether anyone actually has this tire and leveling kit on their truck now? the tire is usually special order only and very rare but i promise they do exist! let me know what ya got. THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT!
  2. 2wheelmudder

2wheelmudder New Member

I am not sure they will after looking at tire fitment guide, you need 2 more inches of lift to clear on turning them i believe, they might rub against the frame when you turn? thats all i can figure man!
  3. Burden33

Burden33 New Member

The tires will not fit with a leveling kit my 2008 1500 has a leveling kit a 305/55/20 which is a 32/12 and i had to trim the inside my father duramx had a leveling kit a 285/75/20 i think it was at they are a 3233/11.5/20 and he just cleared and his truck sits higher then mine.
  4. ian1324

ian1324 New Member

I have a 2008 silverado 1500 with a leveling kit an 18x9 rims with +30 offset with 275 70 r18 Toyo mt tires and they barely fit had to trim plastic out of the wheel wells.

Attached Files:

5. tlperry68

tlperry68 New Member 1000 Posts

If you have the new body style you'll need the leveling kit. I have a pro comp level kit with 285/70/18 and did some plastic trimming at the wheel wells. I ran into a guy that trimmed more and has 305/70/18 on the same truck.
  6. jbfireemt

jbfireemt New Member

thanks for your responses!!! i pulled the wheels off yesterday and pretty much came to the same conclusion. i'm gonna forge on and see this one through. i decided to put the stock wheels back on(hopefully it narrows the tire cross section) and order spacers to get the look i want, but some major trimming is in order. i'll post some pics when i am done though. hopefully the finished product turns out nice enough that others will want to do the same thing. i may be building a new bumber which will hopefully solve some issues. my truck is a classic model though and i was wondering about shaving the interior well on the driver side. the washer fluid reservoir is right there, did that cause any issues for anyone?
  7. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

good luck and let see how it goes cause if you make it work im going to give it a shot