35 12.50s on 09 silverado z71 with 2.25 leveling kit

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by ahmitchell1, Sep 14, 2009.

1. redneckarmyMP

redneckarmyMP Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

2. arkz71

arkz71 New Member

I have a 2009 Z71 Silverado with the 18 inch wheels, can I put a 2" inch leveling kit on my truck and run the same tires as you have?

I want the Kuhmo All Terrain tires in the 285/65 R18 can I do this?

Do I need a front end alignment afterwards?

Any help/advice would be great, it is hard to find tires in the 18" range (want 10 ply)

3. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have a 3 inch lift with 18" rims and 35x12.5 Nitto Trail Grapplers. They do rub a little on inclined turns but not real bad.

4. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

After any changes to your suspension you should get an alignment.

5. arkz71

arkz71 New Member

On my 2009 Z71 with 18 wheels and a 2 inch lift, could 285's work or would they rub to much.

Where would the tires rub, sorry for asking so many questions on my 2003 model it did not have this problem.

thanks

6. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I have been told it will work. I still have the stock tires on my truck. I am hopeing to get something in the 285 range this year.

7. BALTHIS

BALTHIS Rockstar

my uncle runs 285/70/17 pro comp xtreme at's and dont rub with factory wheels hes got a crew cab silverado 1500 too, i got a 4 inch ready lift and i rub with 33s but i run 20x10s with 4,50 backspacin.., and ive cut my inner fender and beat some on the metal behind them, i had 35s on the truck for about a mnth then went back to 20s. the 35s rubbed the same at the 20s do. ful lock backin up or if i hit a bumpwith it turned all the way... ive got picts of both set up on my profile

8. I'm running a 6in rough coutnry lift with 315s only rubs a little bit on the valance. Definatly needed an alignment after the lift install.
    Same thing with my old Audi A4, lowered it 5-7in and was running 205/35r19s thing was slammed next to my truck.

9. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

The guy with the nbs silverado whic is older than the nnbs has more fender room to run bigger tires compared to these newer trucks. The guy said he did trimming on hiss nbs so really you can't run big tires like that and not have to change some things. I think you will have to cut a good bit to fit on the nnbs i had 33 13.50 cooper stt's before i lifted my truck with a readylift 2.25 inch leveling kit and rubbed on the inner plastic fender. I trimmed it some and it worked out fine but was a big wide tire for just a leveling kit on 18's. I have since installed new plastic inner wheel well liners since the others were cut andcut the new one's about a 1inch all the way around where you can't tell just took me awhile to do it like that so when i run 35's there want even be any light rubbing.