1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

3500 problems

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by jimmyjamz, Apr 18, 2013.

1. jimmyjamz

jimmyjamz New Member

So guys i have a 1995 GMC 3500 one ton dually. my transmission is stuck in second gear. Went to a transmission shop they told me i have a 4l60e but from what i know i'm supposed to have a 4l80e. Even went to the dealership and they said 4l80e. I know the 60e has 16 bolts on the pan and the 80e has 17. Mine has 16 and does anyone know if gm did put the 4l60e in the 5.7 3500 one ton dually's. Lets hear what everybody has to say

2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Never heard of a 4l60e being put in a 1ton truck from the factory. Whats the possibility of a previous owner trying to save a few bucks by installing the 60 in place of the 80?
    They are very easily interchangeable.

3. jimmyjamz

jimmyjamz New Member

end being stupid people who i took the truck to....AAMCO said its a 80E. got it fixd tho