1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

35s on stock ride

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by sevi084x4, Feb 10, 2012.

1. sevi084x4

sevi084x4 Rockstar 100 Posts

Well decided to try something crazy. Took my truck to my buddys shop and put and had him put some 285/55r22s on my chevy 22s....yah thats a big tire...35inches to be exact. Lets just say you could turn all the way to the left but only like quarter turn to the right and you were touching haha. Did figure out that after i get a level kit i will only have to cut some plastic and these bad boys will fit great. Looks so nasty haha.

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  2. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

You are one crazy SOB!
  3. sevi084x4

yes sir....yes i am haha
  4. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Those look like they fit but you might have to do more than cut plastic to be honest. I know when i have a 2.25 inch leveling kit and cooper stt 325/60/r18 which is a 33 13.50 i had to trim the plastic fender well liner plastic and knock in the metal back some but made it where you couldnt tell. The thing is they cleared when i turned and had them on but just pullin in certain ways the tires would still hit the metal some. Just let us all know how it goes but i wouldnt mess the truck up just trying to fit 35's.

There is some people that say i can't fit 20x12 -44 offset fuel hostage on my truck with 33 12.50's but i dont believe that. I know a 35 wouldn't be able to turn but the 33's with my 7.5 inch lift would hardly do anything. The rim is wide as hell but i like the look and plan on selling my rockstars sometime this year.

5. sevi084x4

Yah man i could make them fit with a 2.25 and plastic trim for sure no rubbing on normal forward turns. And i have 33s on my winter tires and the tires i actually have on those 22s are also 33s no issues on stock ride. So in a few months ill level it and make it work haha . I love those trail grapplers way more than my terra grapplers

6. Rockstarrchevy81

yeah i hear that. What's the tire a 35 what? I want to put some 20x12 chrome fuel hostages on my truck so bad with super swamper m16s but dont feel like spending 3 grand on the setup haha.
  7. sevi084x4

Yah man it gets expensive setting up some nasty stuff. But the tires were 285/55r22 they are like 34.85 inches tall and around 12inches wide. All i know is when they rolled one up for me to see it without the wheel mounted or nothing all i thought was hell no! The tire was almost to my waist haha knew it wasnt going to fit lol.

8. Rockstarrchevy81

yeah my 325/60/r18 cooper stt's measured 33.4 inchs tall and 13.50 inchs wide i loved the look of them so yours only being 34.85 and only 12 inchs wide will help allot. I have been looking online and a guy had same truck as me with 20x12 fuel's and 33 12.50's with 7.5 rcx lift just like me. The guy said he just cut the plastic and knocked in the metal some. I swear it's crazy how much a rim or tire can give you such a problem with a big lift!

9. sevi084x4

yah it is nuts man. like with a lift or no lift almost the same problems because we have square wheel wells
  10. Rockstarrchevy81

yeah which is really dumb to me. The rear wouldnt be a problem fitting just would be the front. I think i want to get either the nitto trails or mud grapplers to put on the rims. Idk i need new tires soon i'll have enough to buy some next month but i'm just confused. If i'm just gonna keep my rims i have to get some 35's. The setup is around $2,920 but i can sell my rims for about $600 with worn tires so around 2,300 for the setup which isn't bad at all..