35's with just a leveling kit?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by LJM1500HD, Jan 22, 2013.

1. LJM1500HD

LJM1500HD New Member

I have a 03 1500hd with 3'' keys and was wondering if i could fit 35/12.50/18 nitto mud grapplers with XD diesel's with 0mm offset and a 5" backspacing with minor triming? My measurements are 39 front 38 rear. Any help will be greatly appreciated thank you.

Attached Files:

2. Burden33

Burden33 New Member 100 Posts

normally no not on a 1500 but where yours is a 1500hd it might but you would def need blocks in the rear. what size tires do you have already on the truck
  3. LJM1500HD

LJM1500HD New Member

265/75/16 i have orderd 2" blocks for the rear just havent got them yet
  4. barefoot greg

barefoot greg New Member 100 Posts

like burden33 said its going to be close, one option you could consider is Bushwacker's Cut Out Fender Flares. They're about 3-4 inches more open at the bottom for the rearwheel well, and the front is about 1.5 to 2" more open in the back of the fender wall. They're a nice alternative to lift kits if all you're looking to do is run a little bit larger tire, and they look real dang close tonormal fender flares, if you dont know theyre different you wont notice.

They come with easy to follow instructions with photos and they're about the same as normal fender flares. Whether or not you're comfortable taking a reciprocating saw to your ride though is up to you.

Hope this info was helpful.
  5. Burden33

Burden33 New Member 100 Posts

You could also try your friends 35 and test it to see if they got if you got a friend that's running 35
  6. silverhobey

silverhobey New Member 100 Posts

welcome to the site....nice lookin truck...wanna' rent out that Sled !!??

Brian from Canada
  7. LJM1500HD

LJM1500HD New Member

Thanks for the replies and info greatly apreciated!!! Non of my friends have 35's only 33's. I think when I get some money saved up ill get 315/75/16 nitto mud grapplers and put them on my stock wheels for now I dont really want to get cut out flares.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks! Im actually in the middle of selling the sled to a guy in my class that needs a motor. It needs a new trailing arm tie rod and runners it was crashed into a tree a few years ago.
  8. JimmyA

JimmyA Member 100 Posts

33/12.50/18's is what can be fitted on my, 2010 GMC 1500 with a 2.25" level kit! 35's would'nt go without cutting. Stock wheels! Don't ask how I know..........
  9. LJM1500HD

LJM1500HD New Member

securedownload[2].jpg I found this truck has 2" keys and blocks 315/75/16 wrangler duratrac's

- - - Updated - - -

Haha I take it your cut your fenders or tryed 35's?
  10. JimmyA

JimmyA Member 100 Posts

Nope! I measured twice and purchased the said tires and fitted a front wheel and Lock to Lock the 33's had only a 1" clearence. I'm glad that I did'nt order the 35's.