1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

35x12.50 r17 Pro Comp X-Terrains

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by 05Z71loaded, Mar 25, 2009.

1. 05Z71loaded

05Z71loaded New Member

will they fit on my stock 05 Z71, or do i need a lift? still new to the world of lifts and tires

2. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I would think that you might med a lift. Check wit 4wheelparts.com or call the call center.

3. 05Z71loaded

05Z71loaded New Member

what about just a body lift? cash is an issue

4. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I don't think body lift would be enough, as others said in my thread about 2002, in 2003 the fenders changed, so they're not as rounded.

5. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I bet you could squeeze em in there with a 3" body lift. you will have to cut plastic in the front tho for sure. also they will rub more on the stock rims so i recommend ones with a 4" or so backspace to stick the tires out a little more

And I wouldnt go with pro comps. Not so good

6. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I have a 2005 1500 Z-71 with the Pro Comp All Terrains, they are size 35"x12.50"x17" tires. I have a 6" suspension lift, and you can barely put your hand in front of the front tire before you hit the front bumper. I don't have any rubbing, and nothing is trimmed on the truck. The fornt bumper was swapped out for a shorter aftermarket bumper, but other than that it is all stock. I think they are good highway tires, but I have never had them off road so I couldn't tell you that part.:great:

7. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

definitely need to lift it. The sidewalls on those tires are garbage, but that might not matter a whole lot depending on what kind of wheeling you do (if at all).

8. CarpenterGuy

CarpenterGuy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

leveled-4" lift------33" tires
    5-7" lift-------------35" tires
    7(maybe)-9" lift---37" tires

I think those are about right. if you want to fit 35's you need at least 5" of lift, but bumper trimming will be requred. I'm going to go with a 2" lift (leveling keys and AAL's) and i'm going to put some 33's on it.