35x12.50 r17 Pro Comp X-Terrains

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by 05Z71loaded, Mar 25, 2009.

1. 05Z71loaded

05Z71loaded New Member

will they fit on my stock 05 Z71, or do i need a lift? still new to the world of lifts and tires

2. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I would think that you might med a lift. Check wit 4wheelparts.com or call the call center.

3. 05Z71loaded

05Z71loaded New Member

what about just a body lift? cash is an issue

4. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I don't think body lift would be enough, as others said in my thread about 2002, in 2003 the fenders changed, so they're not as rounded.

5. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I bet you could squeeze em in there with a 3" body lift. you will have to cut plastic in the front tho for sure. also they will rub more on the stock rims so i recommend ones with a 4" or so backspace to stick the tires out a little more

And I wouldnt go with pro comps. Not so good

6. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I have a 2005 1500 Z-71 with the Pro Comp All Terrains, they are size 35"x12.50"x17" tires. I have a 6" suspension lift, and you can barely put your hand in front of the front tire before you hit the front bumper. I don't have any rubbing, and nothing is trimmed on the truck. The fornt bumper was swapped out for a shorter aftermarket bumper, but other than that it is all stock. I think they are good highway tires, but I have never had them off road so I couldn't tell you that part.:great:

7. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

definitely need to lift it. The sidewalls on those tires are garbage, but that might not matter a whole lot depending on what kind of wheeling you do (if at all).

8. CarpenterGuy

CarpenterGuy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

leveled-4" lift------33" tires
    5-7" lift-------------35" tires
    7(maybe)-9" lift---37" tires

I think those are about right. if you want to fit 35's you need at least 5" of lift, but bumper trimming will be requred. I'm going to go with a 2" lift (leveling keys and AAL's) and i'm going to put some 33's on it.