1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

38 inch tires

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by Mud_Slut7, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Mud_Slut7

Mud_Slut7 New Member

Lookin for some advice....
    Im getting a 37x13.5R17 MT tire... has to be E rated (10 ply) My options are down to Nitto Mud Grapplers and Toyo Open Country Mud Terrains.
    I found the Nitto's for 370 a piece with free shipping and the Toyo's for 420 plus shipping. So ill probably go with the Nitto's.

What do you guys think about the Mud Grapplers on a daily driver. Its just to school 5 days a week not to far about 15 minutes on back roads. And weekend around wherever i need to go. Are the Mud Grapplers gonna kill my gas mileage that much??? I know they are pretty aggressive. I have 4.10 gears right now.

Thanks
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

What are the models you're looking at?
  3. Mud_Slut7

Mud_Slut7 New Member

I assume by models you mean Nitto "Mud Grapplers" or Toyo, "Open Country MT's".

- - - Updated - - -

Or if you mean my truck its a 6.0/gas 07 2500HD Silverado
  4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Oic. I guess that's everything I need in the post. Lol
  5. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Where in Md are you?
  6. Mud_Slut7

Mud_Slut7 New Member

Im in the Baltimore... HuntValley area.

anyone have any info regarding my post
  7. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Would Love to see your ride.. I'm at the first rest stop on 95 south 5 times a week at 2Am.. for about an hour If you wanna stop by..

As for tires Look into which wears faster.. That size tire you should Avg about 8-10 MPG...