Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

38" to 52" tires 2001 Suburban

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by D Dysinger Racing, Apr 2, 2008.

1. D Dysinger Racing

D Dysinger Racing New Member

well as i posted earlier on this forum i was lifting my 2001 suburban with the cst 11" kit...after i had it installed and everything i have decided to convert to leaf springs with a total of 20+ inches of lift and run the Michelin 52" military tires...they are 16.00x20 so i be converting to a different rear end, maybe a 8 lug or 10 lug rear and run the KMC Rockstars 20x10...hopefully all this will be done within the next 3 months and running by the summer time...and def. have pics up for everyone...

-dave

2. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

are you gunna run XL's, XML's, XZL's or what? That sounds crazy by the way I cant wait to see some pictures. :great:

3. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy ↑↑↑ Has no life Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I'm not going to question the usefulness of 52" inch tires, because if I had the ability to, I'd probably do the same thing...that's gonna look very interesting anyways....

4. finalday7

finalday7 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Even with 20" of lift are you going to be able to run 52" tires without serious modification to the wheel wells and all the parts around. What about your driveshaft, custom? Can your tranny turn those 52's. Can you give a little more info on what you have planned?

5. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

yea what axles were you planning on using? solid axle swap for sure up front? gears?

6. D Dysinger Racing

i'm still doing research and talking to people, but i'd like to have 24" of lift total...i can get 16" springs with no problem from a shop out in cali, so some blocks, and body lift i should be good...one shop said 20" would give me enough room with 5 inches of clearance and i may end up putting an airbag set up on it as well just for extra lift if needed...as far as axles go, i may end up swapping to a f250 axles since i have them already...but 10 bolt rears are pretty common to find also...the truck will more than likely stay 2wd since i don't plan on wheeling it...honestly just want something to stand out...i'm looking for a duramax set up to swap as well...and drive shaft will be custom like the whole suspension and steering set up...and as far as gears go, well i'm still looking into that...like i said i'm still researching it, but by the summer time the truck should be completed and back on the road...thanks guys

-dave

7. D Dysinger Racing

8. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I don't know that the 10 bolt or a 250 axle will handle those tires. I would probably go with at least dana 60's or a 14 bolt rear, and d60 front. If you were going to do 4wd I would do rockwells because those are indestructible and about as big as you can go. just my 2 cents.

9. bostic8

bostic8 Rockstar

Yeah if you do a 10 bolt be prepared to replace it often it will not hold up to those 52" tires. I would be hesitant to put anythimng bigger than a 37 on a 10 bolt rear. Im not saying you cant do it and that I havent seen it work its just asking for trouble!

My .02

10. D Dysinger Racing

well the f250 rearend i have is a dana 60...and i thought about the 2 1/2 ton axles...well just have to see how everything plays out...i'm not going to wheel the truck...its just for show, and will not be driven all that much anyways...but thanks for all the advice guys...keep it coming, i appreciate it

-dave