1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

3in body lift and 33s

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by 03 SIERRA, Jun 8, 2011.

1. 03 SIERRA

03 SIERRA Rockstar

so im going to do a 3in body lift on my truck and i want to run a true 33x12.5x17 tire on my truck. what backspacing/offset will i need to make these tires not rub? I was looking at the general grabber at2 and i can only find a load range C i would like a load range D since thats what my door sticker says. and my GVWR does not exceed the load range for the tires. and i can run 50 psi in them like my door sticker says. do you think i would be ok?
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Is your truck a 1500 or 2500??
  3. 03 SIERRA

03 SIERRA Rockstar

03 1500 z71
  4. Blackout07

Blackout07 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Are you leveled? If not, crank a couple of inches for good measure and go with a wheel that is in the neighborhood of 5.5 -5.7" bs. And there is no need to run 50 psi in your tires. 35-40 will do just fine.
  5. darnie1987

darnie1987 Rockstar 100 Posts

Just wondering, are you doing the body lift to run the 33's? im running 33's with just a leveling kit, no trimming nor any rubbing. as far as the body lift goes im not rly sure what would be needed?
  6. 03 SIERRA

03 SIERRA Rockstar

well i already have 2 in blocks in the rear and my t bars already cranked and im running 285/75/16 but i want true 33 by 12.5, thats why im going with a body lift and i dont like leveling kits because i tow thus the reason why i wantd lrd tires. i also have LTs stock
  7. silveradotrailblazer

Skyjacker makes a 3" suspension lift that is easier to put on than a bodylift. Yes its more money, but then if you ever want to go with a bigger tire you can add the bodylift then.
  8. 03 SIERRA

03 SIERRA Rockstar

i really just want to do a 6in. and 35s but somehow school just has a way of spending my money first
  9. silveradotrailblazer

I would just wait and save your money for the 6" lift and 35's. I know its hard to wait but if you get in a hurry you end up spending more money in the long run.