3in body lift and 33s

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by 03 SIERRA, Jun 8, 2011.

1. 03 SIERRA

03 SIERRA Rockstar

so im going to do a 3in body lift on my truck and i want to run a true 33x12.5x17 tire on my truck. what backspacing/offset will i need to make these tires not rub? I was looking at the general grabber at2 and i can only find a load range C i would like a load range D since thats what my door sticker says. and my GVWR does not exceed the load range for the tires. and i can run 50 psi in them like my door sticker says. do you think i would be ok?

2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Is your truck a 1500 or 2500??

3. 03 SIERRA

03 SIERRA Rockstar

03 1500 z71

4. Blackout07

Blackout07 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Are you leveled? If not, crank a couple of inches for good measure and go with a wheel that is in the neighborhood of 5.5 -5.7" bs. And there is no need to run 50 psi in your tires. 35-40 will do just fine.

5. darnie1987

darnie1987 Rockstar 100 Posts

Just wondering, are you doing the body lift to run the 33's? im running 33's with just a leveling kit, no trimming nor any rubbing. as far as the body lift goes im not rly sure what would be needed?

6. 03 SIERRA

03 SIERRA Rockstar

well i already have 2 in blocks in the rear and my t bars already cranked and im running 285/75/16 but i want true 33 by 12.5, thats why im going with a body lift and i dont like leveling kits because i tow thus the reason why i wantd lrd tires. i also have LTs stock

7. silveradotrailblazer

Skyjacker makes a 3" suspension lift that is easier to put on than a bodylift. Yes its more money, but then if you ever want to go with a bigger tire you can add the bodylift then.

8. 03 SIERRA

03 SIERRA Rockstar

i really just want to do a 6in. and 35s but somehow school just has a way of spending my money first

9. silveradotrailblazer

I would just wait and save your money for the 6" lift and 35's. I know its hard to wait but if you get in a hurry you end up spending more money in the long run.