1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

3in Rough Country Susp Lift?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by islander_25_06, Jun 9, 2010.

1. islander_25_06

islander_25_06 New Member

Im thinking of installing the Rough Ccountry 3in susp lift on my 2010 Crew Cab 1500 LT Z71. Does anyone out there have any positive and/or negative comments on the system?
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Theres a number of members on this site that have them and seem to like them. A few years back when I was working at a shop we had quality and fit issues with there kits. Never did the NBS 3"kit because we quit using there kits. There qualitly may have gotten better but i cant say as I been away from the shop for a few years. I would check out the Skyjacker 3" kit. Its more money, but you know the say you get what you pay for. Just my opinion and hope I didnt piss anyone off.
  3. tigersdl65

tigersdl65 Rockstar 100 Posts

Idk bout rough country cuz i have the skyjacker but, really its just a prostetic look thing, id go with a six if i had it to do again.
  4. Greg84

Greg84 Rockstar 100 Posts

Had it on my truck for a year, got the full kit with the a-arms and rear shocks. The rear shocks don't look like they're going to last more than 2 or 3 years (they're rusting pretty bad after one winter) but other than that its fine, haven't had any problems.
  5. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

i got the kit back in jan and its the biggest piece of crap i ever wasted my money on since i got the lift my ball joints are shot and they can not do a proper wheel alignment and i upgraded to the knew a-arms and they are rubbing against my strut. i would save up for the 5" rcx i heard notihng but good about that kit. like pappa always said you pay for what you get. Cheap kit = Cheap product
  6. islander_25_06

islander_25_06 New Member

Thanks for the heads up guys. I think ill just nut up and spend the extra $ for the skyjacker 3 in susp lift. It sounds like you guys are pretty satisfied with them.