1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

3m paint defender film. Anyone tried it?

Discussion in 'Detailing & Truck Care' started by Pikey, May 6, 2013.

1. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I was at autozone picking up some parts for a durango that I was working on and saw this http://3mauto.com/products/paint-defender
    Has anyone tried it? It seems interesting. The display shows a car key pushed into a plastic film that was not tearing. The film looks to be pretty thick. It is claims to be completely removable and lasts one year. I was just curious if anyone had tried it out. At $24 a can it would be pretty pricey to spray my entire yukon xl. I would consider doing my doors and hood in the stuff if it works. It seems like I always have some moron parking close to me and hitting my truck with their door. While I understand that it would not stop dents, it may prevent the scratches and scuffs from morons.
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I've not tried it, but consider that if it only lasts one year then it's temporary, at best. I think it'd make more sense to go permanent with a bedliner-like material that'll hold up to the scuffs AND fight back -- by really taking a bite out of the doors that normally ding you. That'll preclude DIY bedliners, really, as they don't have that kind of rigidity.
  3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have the HuskyLiner Huskyshield on my Hood for 3 years with no chips or Yellowing.. shield1.jpg newhood.jpg