Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

3rd Brake Light Question

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Rhyno37, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Rhyno37

Rhyno37 New Member

Had a few questions about my third brake light. At night, should it be on at all as a running light? Only my taillights do.

Should the white cargo lights come on when I reverse? If not, how do you turn them on?

The only light I can see come on is the middle red when I reverse.

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

The 3rd brake light is just that.....a brake light only and will only come on when you press/step on the brake pedal....... the Cargo light(White)light are turned on inside the cab, and is only turned on by the switch is to the right of the Headlight Controls......pictured below....the 2 round button's on my truck, one is for the Cargo light and the other is for the Fog lights,

[​IMG]

3. Revredneck

Revredneck Rockstar 100 Posts

The white cargo lights are called "cargo" lights because they are intended to provide light in the cargo area when needed. They are manually activated by a switch near your headlamp switch.
    Good Luck and God Bless

4. Rhyno37

Rhyno37 New Member

Ok, understood, thanks.

I don't have factory fogs, and my cargo light isn't wired.

5. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Regarding the Cargo Light/Brake Light, Have you checked to see if it could be that the Bulb's are burned out??

6. Rhyno37

Rhyno37 New Member

Yes, but I know it was not wired because I took out the button "module" to put in my own fog lights, and nothing was wired.