3rd row seat question (third row seating)

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by raueda1, Jul 12, 2009.

1. raueda1

raueda1 New Member

re: 90's series Tahoes:

Do the 2 seat row Tahoes have 3rd seat brackets (even id they're under the carpet)? I've got a 3rd row seat from a '96 suburban and wonder if it would fit into a similar vintage Tahoe with 2 row seating. Thanks!
  2. RedHoe01

RedHoe01 New Member

The 90's tahoes did not have a 3rd row. 2000 was the first year of the second generation tahoes that had the third row seat option. I have an 01 with no 3rd row. I wondered if mine had the brackets but I dont think it does. I cant feel them under the carpet.
  3. tattooed4life

tattooed4life New Member 100 Posts

From what I've researched from people claimg they have 3rd row seats from 95-99 tahoes and yukons is that they will work but alot of them state that you must also purchase a mounting bracket kit. It looks as if the kit bolts into wear the factory tie downs are in the cargo area. Hope this helps
  4. RedHoe01

RedHoe01 New Member

Are they talking about brackets for the suburban models still being in the floor? I know first gen tahoes only had one row of seats.